YSR AAROGYASRI SCHEME 2022
- YSR AAROGYASRI SCHEME 2022
- What is Dr YSR Aarogyasri and Objective?
- AP YSR Aarogyasri Scheme: Brief Overview
- Features And Benefits of AP YSR Aarogyasri Scheme 2022
- Treatments Covered Under YSR Aarogyasri Scheme (Inclusions):
- What Is Not Covered?
- Eligibility For YSR Aarogyasri Scheme:
- How To Register In YSR Aarogyasri Scheme?
The Indian state of Andhra Pradesh is situated in the south-eastern region of the country. Tirupati temple is one of the most popular tourist attractions of this coastal state. It has a mixed demographic of rich and poor, however, most families fall in low-income groups. One of the major challenges here is access to quality healthcare services. To combat this situation, the state government has introduced one of the most successful health plans – Dr. YSR Aarogyasri. It mainly caters to the medical needs of families that are not financially well equipped.
The YSR Aarogyasri Health Scheme provides several benefits and one of the most used benefits is its cashless treatment in the government hospitals of Andhra Pradesh scheme. The Arogyasri Health Care Trust issues an Aarogyasri card that allows easy management of the scheme. The beneficiary can avail of the benefits after showing this card at the government hospitals under the YSR Aarogyasri health scheme.
What is Dr YSR Aarogyasri and Objective?
AP government provides free treatment for specific illness to the eligible patients in any hospital in the state. The YSR Aarogyasri Scheme is a health insurance programme that was launched by the State Government of Andhra Pradesh by the then chief minister Dr Y S Rajasekhar Reddy in the year 2007. Currently, this scheme is administered by the Aarogyasri Health Care Trust. It allows low-income families to access good-quality health care services without spending money.
AP YSR Aarogyasri Scheme: Brief Overview
Brief overview of the Aarogya Sri health scheme of Andhra Pradesh:
|Name of the Scheme
|Dr YSR Aarogyasri Health Scheme
|Dr.YS Rajasekhar Reddy,CM Of Andhra Pradesh
|Applicants Allowed to avail benefits of the scheme
|Residents of Andhra Pradesh only
|Cashless healthcare treatment to low-income families in Andhra Pradesh
Features And Benefits of AP YSR Aarogyasri Scheme 2022
Dr.YSR Aarogyasri health insurance scheme is highly beneficial for availing quality health care services in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Here are the features and benefits of the plan:
- Hospitalization (In-patient care): All the diseases that are listed under the programme and require hospitalization are covered.
- Out-Patient Treatment: These treatments can be availed at health camps and in the network hospitals in a cashless manner.
- Cashless Services: The beneficiaries of the plan have access to a financial cover of Rs. 5 Lakh per year per family. It can be used by any registered family member when they need medical attention.
- Coverage For Pre-existing Diseases: A coverage for diseases that a beneficiary might already suffer from before registering under the scheme, is provided under this plan. This feature is not common among commercial health insurance plans.
- Coverage For Follow-up treatments: A decent chunk of money is required for completing follow-up procedures after hospitalization. Such treatments are also covered under the Dr YSR Aarogyasri scheme.
- Family-floater Health Insurance Cover: The whole family can make use of the allotted sum insured in these types of health insurance plans. One does not have to buy a separate plan for each member.
Treatments Covered Under YSR Aarogyasri Scheme (Inclusions):
Numerous treatments that range from simple medical procedures to special critical care treatments are covered under Dr YSR Aarogyasri scheme. Broadly, treatment for kidney failure, neurosurgical disease, cancer, heart disease that require hospitalization, etc. can be availed in a cashless manner in an empaneled hospital under this scheme. Here is a partial list of treatments for your reference:
- General Surgery
- ENT Surgery
- Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Orthopedic Surgery And Procedures
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Cardio thoracic Surgery
- Paediatric Surgeries
- Genitourinary Surgeries
- Neuro Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Medical Oncology
What Is Not Covered?
Certain procedures are not included under the Dr YSR Aarogyasri scheme. These are called the exclusions of the scheme. Here is a list of treatments that are excluded from the scheme. The beneficiary will have to bear the cost of medical procedures in these cases:
- Knee replacement surgeries
- Gamma-knife procedures in neurosurgery
- Medical treatment related to bone marrow
- Assisted devices for cardiac failures
- Cardiac and liver transplantation
- Infectious diseases
Eligibility For YSR Aarogyasri Scheme:
The eligibility criteria for enrolling under Dr YSR Aarogyasri scheme are pretty straightforward. Families that are native to Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are allowed to enroll under the scheme. The annual income of a family should be below Rs. 5 Lakh. They should also be white ration cardholders. Aarogyasri Eligibility is also extended to members of the Antodaya Anna Yojana.
How To Register In YSR Aarogyasri Scheme?
All eligible persons should reach the enrollment center with the required documents (mentioned below) to complete the process. After verification of documents, the beneficiaries will receive the YSR Aarogyasri health card. This card can be used to avail cashless treatments. It is also possible to login to the Aarogyasri portal with the help of Login ID and Password. A beneficiary should visit the nearest MeeSeva center to acquire the credentials. Various details related to the scheme can be accessed by logging in to the portal.
For direct registration, a beneficiary can use the following first point of contact:
- Vaidya Mitra counters at Primary Health Care (PHC).
- Health Camp organized by the PHCs or Network Hospital (NWH).
- Direct registration at an NWH via referrals.
- Referral from Certified Medical Compliance Officer (CMCO).
The following documents will be required at the time of enrollment
- Aadhaar card
- Address proof
- Income certificate
How To Download Aarogyasri App?
Various details related to Dr YSR Aarogyasri Yojana can be accessed with an online application. The Aarogyasri App download can be completed with the help of Play Store for Android devices. Here are the steps to download the application:
Step 1: Open “Google Play Store” on your Android phone
Step 2: Search for “Aarogyasri Trust”
Step 3: Click on “Install”
Now you can now use various features of the Aarogyasri App.
How to Download Aarogyasri Card?
- The applicant who wants to get an Aarogyasri health card firstly they have to visit their nearest MeeSeva Centre.
- Now through the MeeSeva Agent Login ID & Password, your Health card will be applied.
- So submit all the required documents and required information to the meeseva center agent.
- After the under the Meeseva Agent will apply for your health card.
- Now after the successful registration you will get acknowledgment slip. Keep it safe for future use.
- After successfully apply online for a heath card you will get Aarogyasri Card within 15 days from the Meeseva Centre.