Download UPSC CAPF (AC) Syllabus 2021 PDF:: The Candidates who have been preparing for CAPF Examination can download the Syllabus and Pattern from this page. Here we provide the detailed Exam Pattern with the Weightage of the Exam Paper. CAPF AC Topic Wise Syllabus is available in PDF Format. Check the Article and Download the Syllabus Now.
Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Exam will conduct by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year. Aspirants who have the interest to work as Assistant Commandant and join in the prestigious job can apply to UPSC CAPF. Through this, you can get a chance to serve the Nation. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is a constitutional body for recruiting candidates under UPSC CAPF based on merit. UPSC CAPF recruits the talented aspirants for the posts of Assistant Commandants (AC) in BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBP, and SSB.
UPSC CAPF AC Exam Syllabus 2021
Aspirants who have a desire to join the Army and want a career in Central Government jobs can apply to UPSC CRPF’s upcoming exam. Candidates should start their preparation now for UPSC CAPF’s upcoming recruitment. There will be high competition for UPC CAPF. If you plan to prepare well, it will help you to crack the exam easily. So, every aspirant must be aware of the recruitment process, exam pattern, and syllabus and examination scheme of UPSC CAPF. In this article, we have given all details of the UPSC CAPF exam.
Candidates can also check the official website for Upcoming Notifications @ upsc.gov.in
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||CAPF (Central Armed Police Service)|
|Recruitment Departments||BSF, CISF, CRPF and SSB|
|Post Name||Assistant Commandants (AC)|
- Aspirants should have a graduation degree from a recognized university/institution.
- Candidates who are pursuing their last year of degree can also apply
- Candidates should have the age of 20 to 25 years are eligible.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in 3 stages. The selection process will be as follows:
1. Written Tests (Qualifying test for Physical Test):
The written exam will comprise 2 papers. The paper will be in 2 languages: English and Hindi.
- Paper 1:
It is a written test that will contain the objective type of multiple-choice questions on general ability and eligible intelligence.
- Paper 2:
It is a descriptive type question paper with a duration of 3 hours to complete.
Candidates who clear both the papers of UPSC CAPF will be eligible for the second round which will be a physical ability test.
There is also a penalty for wrong answers in Paper-I of the UPSC CAPF exam. Paper 1 of UPSC CAPF is of multiple-choice questions, carrying 125 questions, the total marks of which is 250. Negative marking is applicable in paper 1 only. The detailed marking scheme has been explained below:
- For each wrong answer, 1/3rd marks will be deducted.
- If there are two answers for a single question, it will be considered as a wrong answer and 1/3 will be deducted even if any one of the answers is correct.
- If no question is answered, no deduction is made.
- In paper 2, which is a descriptive paper, there are 6 questions, the total marks are 200. No negative marking is applicable.
- The third round, which is the interview round, carries 150 marks.
- Paper-II will be evaluated only after the candidate clears the cut-off of Paper-I.
2. Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Tests:
Candidates who will clear the written examination i.e, both the papers will be called for the physical and medical test. Candidates who will meet prescribed standards as mentioned by the commission are allowed to appear for the test.
|Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)|
|100 Meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters(3 chances)||3.0 Meters(3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26Kgs)||4.5 Meters||–|
- Pregnant women are not allowed to give a Physical Efficiency Test and will be disqualified from the selection process.
- Appeals will be entertained only against the Medical Standards Tests and will have to be made to the Appellate Authority designated by the Ministry of Home Affairs within a period of 15 days from the date of declaration of the results of the tests
3. Interview/Personality Test:
Candidates will be called for an Interview/Personality Test after successfully qualified in the Physical Efficiency Test by the Union Public Service Commission. Students shortlisted provisionally after the interview will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which candidates have to indicate their preference of Forces.
Finally, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test.
UPSC CAPF AC Exam Pattern
|Papers||Subject Name||Type||Expected no. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Written Test||I||Intelligence & General Ability||Objective||125||250||2 Hours|
|II||General Studies, Essay & Comprehension||Subjective||–||200||3 Hours|
UPSC CAPF AC Syllabus
General Ability and Intelligence:
- General Mental Ability: The questions will be designed to test logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
- General Science: The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension, and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, and Environmental Science.
- Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalization, and interplay among nations.
- Indian Polity and Economy: The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues, and human rights including its indicators.
- History of India: The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- Indian and World Geography: The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension:
Part-A: Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totalling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B: Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar, and other aspects of language testing.
- CPF Assistant Commandants (AC) Examination by Ramesh Publishing House
- CPF Assistant Commandant AC Exam by Arihant Books
- UPSC CPF Assistant Commandant Exam Practice Workbook by Kiran Prakashan
- UPSC CPF AC Examination by Lucent Publication
- Sachchidananda Books by UPSC Portal