- Summary of CEED 2019:
- Syllabus & Important Details of UCEED 2019- Check Official Website @ uceed.iitb.ac.in
- Exam pattern for UCEED 2019
- CEED Syllabus 2019
- UCEED 2019 Detailed Syllabus
UCEED 2019 exam will be held in January 2019 conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay. It is Under Graduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED). The exam UCEED 2019 is conducting to offer admissions in B. Des course. The exam is conducted every year to provide admissions to all interested candidates for 4 years of Design course. So, the aspirants who wish to study the design course can apply to this exam UCEED 2019. The application process will start in October 2018. Before that candidates must get to know the how to apply, the pattern of exam and syllabus. Read the below articles for complete syllabus and other details of UCEED 2019.
The affiliated institutes for CEED are
- IIT Kanpur
- IIITDM Jabalpur
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Delhi and
- IISc Bangalore
The online registration process will be start in the month of October 2019. Willing contenders can check the details of CEED 2019 from this article. We have given the overall process of registration, eligibility criteria, syllabus from which the questions will be asked in the exam and the structure of exam in a detail manner. Tap the page below to find more information.
More details visit the official website @ ceed.iitb.ac.in or careers99.com
Summary of CEED 2019:
|Exam Name||Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Conducting Authority||IIT Bombay|
|Exam Purpose||Admissions into Masters of Design (M.Des) programme & Ph. D programme|
|Registration starts on||October 2018|
|Exam Mode||Part- A: Computer Based Test|
Part- B: Written Test
|Commencement of Exam||January 2019|
|Category of Exam||PG level|
CEED 2019 Important Dates:
|Application Process Starts on||October 2018|
|Last date to submit applications||November 2018|
|Admit card Issue on||December 2019|
|Commencement of Exam Part- A||January 2019|
|Results declaration of Exam Part- A||February 2019|
Syllabus & Important Details of UCEED 2019- Check Official Website @ uceed.iitb.ac.in
We advise the candidates to start their preparation to score high in the exam. For that we came with complete details of UCEED 2019. Candidates just tap the below page and find all important details of UCEED 2019.
Over View of UCEED 2019:
|Exam Name||Under Graduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) 2019|
|Organising Body||UCEED, IIT Bombay|
|Application Availability||October 2018|
|Category of Exam||UG Level|
|Exam Date||January 2019|
The following are the eligibility criteria for UCEED 2019 exam. Before going to apply the exam candidates must check the eligibility of UCEED 2019.
- Candidates must have passed in 10+2/12th/equivalent exam in 2017 & 2018 from any recognised Board/Institute can apply to this exam
- Maximum 20 yrs for OPEN or OBC-NCL category
- 25 yrs for SC, ST or PWD category.
Number of Attempts:
A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years.
NOTE: UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
Application Form for UCEED 2019:
Aspirants can check the process of online application here. Below we mentioned step-by-step process of Application Form UCEED 2019:
Step-1: First of all, candidates has to visit the official website of UCEED i.e. uceed.iitb.nic.in
Step-2: Now register here to access the UCEED 2019 Application Form.
Step-3: Application form will be appear on the screen
Step-4: Now enter the required details properly
Step-5: Upload the mentioned documents in the required formats
Step-6: All the details in the application form should be furnished carefully and accurately.
Step-7: Now Click on “Submit”
Step-8: Don’t forget to take a printout of Application Form for future reference
Documents to be uploaded at the time of online registration:
- Recent Passport size photo
- Scanned copy of signature
- Academic Certificates
- OBC-NCL, SC, ST or PWD certificate issued by a competent authority
- PWD candidates requiring scribe and/or extra time (20 minutes/hour) during the exam need to upload a request letter.
Application Fee of UCEE 2019:
Candidates have to pay their application fee through online. Further it’s non-refundable in any case.
Exam pattern for UCEED 2019
|No. of Papers||2 i.e. Part- A & Part- B|
|Mode of Exam||Part- A: CBT (Online)|
Part- B: Paper based test
|Time duration||3 Hours i.e. Part- A : 60 Minutes (1 Hour)|
Part –B: 120 minutes (2 Hours)
|Total Marks||Part- A: 100 marks|
|Type of paper||Part- A: Objective|
Part- B: Descriptive
|Exam Language||English only|
|Sections of Part- A||3 Sections|
|Part- A: Marking Scheme||+2 marks awarded for each right answer|
-0.6 mark reduce for every wrong answer
Applicants have to qualify in Part- A then only they will permit to attempt the Part- B exam. The CEED score get valid for one year from the commencement of result.
CEED Syllabus 2019
Syllabus for Part-A:
- Visualisation and spatial ability
- Environmental and social awareness
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Language and creativity
- Design thinking and problem solving
- Observation and design sensitivity
Syllabus for Part B:
- Communication Skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving skills
Some of the Important Topics which will appear in CEED 2019:
- Creative Writing Skills
- Drawing Ability and Skills
- Design Concepts
- Logical Reasoning
- Problem Identification & Design Problem Solving
- Product Designing
- Basics of Drawing
- Basic and advanced Human Drawings
- Geometrical and Design Exercise
- Drawing of human figures of different postures
- Interface design & Product Design
CEED Admit card 2019:
Applicants can get their admit card through online. They have to download admit card from official website. The admit card link will be activate in December 2018. It contains the details of exam like venue, date of exam, registered id and so on.
CEED Result 2019:
The result will be declared in the month of February 2019. Candidates can check their result in official site and download their rank cards.
CEED 2019 official site: Click Here
The scheme of the exam will help you to know the subjects, allotted marks for questions and duration of the exam. Here we have given the complete details of Exam Pattern of UCEED 2019:
|No. of Questions||80 questions|
|Maximum Marks||300 mark|
|Sections||Three i.e. Section A, B, and C|
|Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Marking scheme||+4 marks in section A & B, +3 marks in Section C|
|Negative marking||-1 mark in section C|
- The exam will be a Computer based test
- There will be ONE question paper for 3 hours duration.
- The question paper will be in English language only
- The exam will carry a total of 300 marks.
- The question paper will consist of 3 sections.
The following are the sections of UCEED 2019 exam question paper.
|S. No.||Section Names||Content|
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions
|· For these questions, the answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard in the computer screen.|
· No choices will be shown for these questions.
· Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks.
· There is NO NEGATIVE marks for this section.
· Questions not attempted will be given zero mark.
Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
|· Each MSQ has one or more correct answer(s) out of the four given choices.|
· The candidate gets 4 marks only if ALL the correct choices and NO wrong choices are selected.
· There is NO NEGATIVE or PARTIAL marks for this section.
· Questions not attempted will be given zero mark.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
|· Each MCQ has four choices out of which only one is the correct answer.|
· There is NEGATIVE marking for this section.
· Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks and each wrong answer will be awarded –1 (minus one) mark.
· Questions not attempted will be given zero mark.
UCEED 2019 Detailed Syllabus
The syllabus of UCEED consists of 6 topics. Check the list of 6 topics UCEED 2019 question will contain.
Visualization and spatial ability
- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects
- Test their spatial relationships knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
Observation and design sensitivity
- Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events and thinking critically about them.
- Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting.
- Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc.
- Their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment.
- Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design
- History of the designed artefact
- Socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
- History of art, sculpture, and literature.
Analytical and logical reasoning
- Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information.
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria.
- Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions.
- Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
Language and creativity
- Ability to understand and use Standard English
- Reading comprehension
- knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions etc., and vocabulary skills.
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
Design thinking and problem solving
- Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols.
- Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.