- Tamil Nadu SI (Statistical Inspector) Admit Card and Important Dates 2018-19
- Statistical Inspector Tamil Nadu Exam Date and Hall Ticket 2018
- Exam Pattern of TNPSC SI 2018
- Exam Syllabus for TNPSC Statistical Inspector (SI)2018-19
- Statistics (Post Graduated Standard)
- UNIT – II: Distributions:
- UNIT- III: Estimation Theory:
- UNIT – IV: Testing of Hypothesis and Non-Parametric tests:
- UNIT – V: Regression Analysis:
- UNIT – VI: Sampling Theory:
- UNIT – VII: Design of Experiments:
- UNIT – VIII: Statistical Quality Control (SQC):
- UNIT – IX: Time series and Index numbers:
- UNIT – X: Applied Statistics through MS-Excel and R – Language:
- Statistical (Under Graduated Syllabus)
- Educational Qualification
- Examination Centre:
- Selection Procedure:
- TNPSC Statistical Inspector Admit Card 2018 – Download Process
- Links Related to Tamil Nadu Statistical Inspector Hall Ticket 2018-19
TNPSC SI statistical Inspector Hall Ticket Tamil Nadu SI Exam Date $Exam Syllabus and Results Date TN SI Hall Ticket 2018: The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) Releases the Hall Ticket for Statistical Inspector post 2018. The TNPSC SI Admit Card will be directly released in the official Website i.e.tnpsc.gov.in. The Admit Card is compulsory to write the exam without TN SI Hall Ticket (Statistical Inspector) you are not allowed to the examination centre. Admit Card should be downloaded fast after updating it in the Official Website. The Candidate tried to download the Tamil Nadu (SI) Admit Card( Statistical Inspector) on the Exam Date it may not be downloaded because of some issues like Network issues and Server may be busy in that time. So download admit Card as soon as possible. Before downloading the TNPSC Statistical Inspector Admit Card 2018-19 you have to check all the details in the Admit Card if you find any errors in the Admit Card report immediately to the Organization.
Tamil Nadu SI (Statistical Inspector) Admit Card and Important Dates 2018-19
The TNPSC released notification for Statistical Inspector 2018-19. Much number of Candidates is applied to the exam. The TNPSC Statistical Inspector Exam 2018 Registration is started on August 28th 2018 and Ended on September 26th 2018 And the Tamil Nadu Statistical Inspector Exam 2018-19 is conducted on December 24th 2018 for both Paper 1 and paper 2. Downloading process is given below for TNPSC Statistical Inspector Admit Card 2018. Otherwise you can also visit the TNPSC Website directly which also mentioned below. The Complete details like Exam pattern Exam Syllabus and Selection Procedure is also given below. Without TN Statistical Inspector Hall Ticket you are not allowed to the Exam.
Statistical Inspector Tamil Nadu Exam Date and Hall Ticket 2018
|Organization||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Exam Name||TNPSC Statistical Inspector Recruitment 2018|
|Post Name||Statistical Inspector|
|No. of Vacancies||13 Posts|
|Exam Type||Written Test|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Job Location||Tamil Nadu|
|Job Type||State Government|
|Starting Date to Apply||August 28th 2018|
|Ending Date to Apply||September 26th 2018|
|Category||Admit Card/Hall Ticket|
Paper 1 (Subject Paper): December 24th 2018 (10AM to 1PM )
Paper 2 (General Studies):December 24th 2018(2:30 pm to 4:30 pm)
|Admit Card Date||Available Soon|
|Date of Final Result||February 2019|
Exam Pattern of TNPSC SI 2018
|Paper||Total Marks||Duration of Test|
|Paper – I (Any one of the following subjects) (objective type) (Degree Standard) (200 Questions) Statistics (Code No.274) (OR) Mathematics (Code No.276)-|| |
|Paper-II (GENERAL STUDIES) (Objective Type) (Degree Standard) (100 Questions) General Studies (Degree Standard) – 75 Questions and Aptitude and Mental Ability (SSLC Standard) – 25 Questions.|| |
Exam Syllabus for TNPSC Statistical Inspector (SI)2018-19
Statistics (Post Graduated Standard)
Unit – I: Probability and Random Variables:
Instruction to probability: Random Experiments, Sample Space and events, Definition of probability. Classical, Empirical and Axiomatic approach to probability; Addition and Multiplication Theorem, Conditional probability and Baye’s Theorem. Random Variables and Distribution function Distribution Function of a vector and a set of infinitely many Random Variables – Mathematical Expectation and conditional Expectation. Convergence in Probability – Weak Law of large Numbers and strong law of large Number – Central limit Theorem – Chebysher’s inequality
UNIT – II: Distributions:
Introduction to Distributions: Marginal and conditional distributions – Generating functions: – MGF, PGF and CGF – Characteristic function.
Discrete distributions: Binomial, Poisson, Negative binomial and Hyper geometric distribution.
Continuous Distributions: Joint – Marginal – and conditional distributions. Uniform, Normal, Cauchy, Beta, Gamma, Log-Normal, Exponential, Chi-Square, t and F distributions and their properties
UNIT- III: Estimation Theory:
Introduction to Estimation Theory: Unbiasedness, Consistency, Efficiency, Sufficiency and Completeness.
Theorems and Inequalities: Cramer Rao inequality, Chapma-Robin inequality, Rao – Black wall Theorems, Lehman – Scheffe, Theorem (with examples), – Factorization theorem.
Methods of Estimation: Method of moments, Method of Maximum Chi-Square, Method of Least Square, Bayesian Estimation (with example) – Confidence Intervals for Large and Small Samples
UNIT – IV: Testing of Hypothesis and Non-Parametric tests:
Introduction to Testing of Hypothesis: Simple Null hypothesis, Alternative hypothesis, composite hypothesis, two kinds of Errors – Critical Region – Power function.
Tests: Most Powerful test, Neyman – Peerson Lemma: UMP and Unbiased test, MLR Property and its uses for construction of UMP tests.
Non – Parametric test: Run test – Median test, Sign test – Mann – Whitney test – Wilcoxon test – Komogrov – Smirnov test (one and two sample test procedures), SPRT Test.
UNIT – V: Regression Analysis:
Simple and Multiple Regression model: Description of Data Model – Estimation and Test of Hypothesis on Regression Coefficient – Index of fit – Predicated Values and Standard error – Evaluation of Fit – Analysis of Residuals.
Multi – collinearity and its effects on inference and forecasting – Selection of variables – Forward Selection and backward elimination procedures (step wise method).
UNIT – VI: Sampling Theory:
Introduction to the theory of Sampling: Sampling designs – estimation procedures – properties of estimations – SRSWOR – Properties of SRSWOR
Systematic, Stratified, Ratio and Regression Sampling methods and Estimate of Double Sampling – Sampling and non – sampling errors – Cluster sampling – Two stage and Multistage sampling – sampling and sample survey organizations – CSO and NSSO.
UNIT – VII: Design of Experiments:
Contrasts – linear Constraints – Orthogonal contrasts – linear models – fixed effect model
– random effect model – mixed effect model.
Principles of CRD, RBD, LSD, 2n and 3n factorial experiments and split plot Design. Partial and complete confounding – BIBD – Youden Square design – Lattice designs PBIBD: Construction and Analysis
UNIT – VIII: Statistical Quality Control (SQC):
Introduction to statistical process and product control:
Control Charts – Shewart Control Charts for variables and attributes – X-bar, R, σ ,p, np C and U, Charts – (Both fixed and variable sample size) – CUSUM charts – OC curve for control charts.
Sampling Inspection – 100% sampling Inspection – AOQL. LTPD, producers Risk and consumer, Risk Single, double, Multiple and Sequential sampling plans for attributes – variable sampling plan – OC, ASN, ATI and AOQ curves.
Implementing six sigma – over view and implementations – Examples.
UNIT – IX: Time series and Index numbers:
Concepts of time series, additive and multiplicative models, resolutions into Components, determination of trend by free drawing, Moving averages, filling of mathematical Curves, seasonal indices and the estimate of the variance for random Components, Auto- regressive, Moving averages and ARIMA models.
Definition, Construction interpretation and limitations of index numbers, Lapeyre’s Paasche’s Marshell – Edge worth, m Fisher’s index number and their Comparisons for Good index Number. Construction for cost of living index number and Wholesale price index
UNIT – X: Applied Statistics through MS-Excel and R – Language:
Over view of MS-Excel: Construction of charts and diagrams – Sorting – Filtering – Removing duplicates – Calculation of Measures of Central tendency, Measures of dispersion, correlation Regression and curve fitting using – Excel.
Over view of R Language – Defining the R project – objects and data structures – Graphics using. R language – Calculation of Measures of central tendency, dispersion, Correlation and fitting of Regression line (Linear and logistic)
Statistical (Under Graduated Syllabus)
UNIT I: Uses, Scope and limitation of Statistics, Collection, Classification and Tabulation of data, Diagrammatic and Graphical representation, Measures of location, dispersion, Skewness and Kurtosis – Correlation and regression – Curve Fitting – Linear and Quadratic equation by the method of least squares.
UNIT II: Probability – Addition, Multiplication and Baye’s Theorems and their application. Tchebychev’s inequality. Random variables – Univariate and Bivariate – Probability distributions – Marginal and conditional distributions – Expectations – Moments and cumulants generating functions
UNIT III: Probability distributions – Binomial, Poisson, Geometric and Hyper geometric. Continuous distributions – Uniform, exponential and normal. Sampling distributions and standard error, student’s ‘t’, Chi-square and F statistic – distributions and their applications.
UNIT IV: Estimation – Point estimation – properties of estimates Neyman – Fisher Factorization theorem(without proof) Cramer – Rao inequality, Rao – Blackwell theorem – MLE and method of Moments estimation – Interval estimation – for population mean and variance based on small and large samples.
UNIT V: Tests of Hypothesis – Null and Alternative – Types of errors – Power of test, Neyman – Pearson lemma, UMP and Likelihood ratio tests, Test procedures for large and small samples – Independence of attributes, Chi-square test – Goodness of fit
UNIT VI: Simple random sample – stratified, systematic, Cluster (Single stage) Estimation of mean and variance in SKS – Sample Survey – Organisation – CSO and NSSO – Sampling and Non-Sampling errors.
Analysis of Variance – Principles of design CRD, RBD and LSD – Factorial experiments 22, 23 and 32 (Without confounding) Missing plot techniques
OR Models – Linear Programming problems – Simplex method Dual – Primal, Assignment problems, Net work – CPM and PERTUNIT VII: Concept of SQC – Control Charts – X, R, p and charts Acceptance sampling plan – single and double – OC curves Attributes and Variables plan.
UNIT VIII: Time series – Different components – Trend and Seasonal Variations – Determination and elimination
UNIT IX: Index Numbers – Construction and uses – Different kinds of simple and weighted index numbers – Reversal tests – construction and use of cost of living index numbers – Birth and death rates – Crude and standard death rates, Fertility rates – Life table construction and uses.
UNIT X: Statistical Computing using Excel – Understanding on the usage of Statistical Packages including SPSS, MINITAB and SAS.
Applicants should possess the following or its equivalent qualification as on 28.08.2018 i.e. date of this notification
- Must possess a Degree of any University or Institution recognised by the University Grants Commission, with Statistics or Mathematics as the main subjects
- Applicants should possess adequate knowledge in Tamil on the date of this Notification.
- The degree qualification prescribed for this post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies, S.S.L.C+ H.Sc or its equivalent + U.G Degree from the recognised institutions as required under Section 25 of Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act,
(Results of the examination should have been declared on or before the date of notification)
- Applicants claiming equivalence of qualification to the prescribed qualification should submit evidence for equivalence of qualification in the form of Government Order issued on or before the date of this notification, failing which their application will be summarily rejected. The Government Orders issued declaring equivalence of prescribed qualification after the date of this notification will not be accepted under Section 25(b) of Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, A list of Equivalence of qualification in the related subject is available in Annexure – I to this notification.( Refer also to the disclaimer annexed to this notification)
Certificate of Physical Fitness:
|Standard of Vision||Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness|
|Standard III or Better||The form prescribed for ‘Other than Executive and Ministerial posts’|
|Name of the Centre||Centre Code||Name of the|
- Request for change of examination centre / venue will not be entertained.
- Applicants will be required to appear for the Written Examination / Certificate Verification / Oral Test at their own expenses
- The Commission reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of Examination Centres and to re-allot the applicants with respect to the number of candidates opted for each centre
Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e., (i) Written Examination and (ii) Oral Test in the form of an interview.
- Final selection will be made on the basis of total marks obtained by the applicants in the Written Examination and Oral Test taken together subject to the rule of reservation of appointment.
- Applicant’s appearance in both the papers of the Written Examination and in the Oral Test is compulsory. An applicant who has not appeared in any one of the papers in Written Examination or Oral Test will not be considered for selection, even if he/she secures qualifying marks in the Written Examination or Oral Test.
- Based on the marks obtained by the applicants in the Written Examination, the tentative list of eligible applicants for certificate verification will be announced in the Commission’s website.
- After verification of the original certificates, the eligible applicants will be summoned for Oral Test following the rule of reservation of
TNPSC Statistical Inspector Admit Card 2018 – Download Process
- open the official website of TNPSC e. tnpsc.gov.in
- Then go to careers section and check for TNPSC Statistical Inspector Admit Card 2018
- and click on it
- Then the page displayed will ask some details like Registration Number and Date of Birth etc
- And Submit those details
- Then the PDF Format TN Statistical Inspector call letter is displayed
- Then check your complete details and download it and make a copy of it
Links Related to Tamil Nadu Statistical Inspector Hall Ticket 2018-19
|Official Website of TNPSC||Click Here|
|TNPSC Syllabus||Click Here|
|Download TNPSC Statistical Inspector Admit Card||Click Here|