Good news!! Reserve Bank of India released the RBI SO (Grade-B) Recruitment 2021 notification for all interested aspirants. All interested candidates can apply to the exam through online before the last date. Aspirants who have wish to choose a career in RBI can apply to this exam. So, the contenders who are prepared to bank exams can check the details of RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021 in this article. Aspirants must visit the official website @ rbi.org.in for apply online.
RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021 Exam Details:
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Vacancies Details for RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021:
- The Reserve Bank of India Services Board (Board) invites applications from eligible candidates for the posts mentioned below in Reserve Bank of India (RBI/Bank):
- Selection Process of RBI SO (Grade-B):
- RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021 Exam Pattern
- RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021 Syllabus
Contenders who are eligible and willing to write the exam must be aware the syllabus to prepare well and score high in the exam. We have provided the clear and detail structure of exam pattern, syllabus and cut-off marks for all deserved candidates. You must go through the below article for more information.
RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021 Exam Details:
|Organizing Body||Reserve Bank Of India (RBI)|
|Post/Exam Name||RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021|
|Mode of Application||Online|
- A Minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or equivalent in Bachelor’s Degree as well as in 12th and 10th standard examinations.
|Equivalent CGPA/OGPA/CPI or similar terminologies allotted on a 10 point scale||Aggregate Percentage of Marks|
The following table shows the eligibility of candidates for specified posts based on their education qualifications:
|S. No.||Post Name||Educational Qualification|
|1.||Finance||Essential: 2 year full time Post Graduate Degree in Economics / Commerce / MBA (Finance) / PGDM (with Finance specialization) from an Indian University recognized by Government bodies/ AICTE or a similar Foreign University /Institute, with at least 55% marks
Desirable: CFA (USA), FRM, CA/ ICWA/ CS/ Charter holder from Actuarial Society of India/ IFRS Certification from ACCA
|2.||Data Analytics||2 year full time MBA (Finance) / M.Stat from an Indian University recognized by Government bodies/ AICTE or a similar Foreign University /Institute, with at least 55% marks.|
|3.||Risk Modelling||2 year full time MBA (Finance) / M.Stat from an Indian University recognized by Government bodies/ AICTE or a similar Foreign University /Institute, with at least 55% marks.|
|4.||Forensic Audit||CA/ ICWA with Certificate Course on Forensic Accounting and Fraud Detection conducted by ICAI.|
|5.||Professional Copy Editing||1. Full time Post Graduate Degree in English from an Indian University recognized by Government bodies or a Foreign University /Institute, with at least 55% marks.
2. Knowledge of Hindi is desirable.
|6.||Human Resource Management||Full time Post Graduate Diploma/ Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management / Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/Labour Welfare from a recognized Indian or Foreign University /Institute with at least 55% marks.|
- Candidates must have age of 24 years on the 1st of August 2021
- Upper age limit: 34 years on the 1st of August 2021
- The above age criteria for general category candidates
- For M. Phil and Ph. D candidates the upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years, respectively.
- As per extant practice age relaxation will be available to experienced candidates viz. candidates having experience as an officer in Commercial Bank/ Financial Institution in Public Sector as also candidates with prior experience in Reserve Bank of India, to the extent of number of years of such experience subject to a maximum of three years. For such candidates, upper age limit should not exceed 33 years including experience. For experience, probationary period will not be reckoned.
- There are relaxations in upper age limit as per statutory requirements and for the staff.
- Either Indian or Citizen of Nepal or Bhutan or Tibetan
Vacancies Details for RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021:
The Reserve Bank of India Services Board (Board) invites applications from eligible candidates for the posts mentioned below in Reserve Bank of India (RBI/Bank):
|S. No.||Post of Specialists in Grade B||Number of Vacancies|
|Unreserved i.e., General (GEN/UR)||Scheduled Castes (SC)||Scheduled Tribes (ST)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)$||TOTAL|
|5.||Professional Copy Editing||3||0||0||1||4|
|6.||Human Resource Management||3||0||0||1||4|
Number of Attempts:
If in future, vacancies for any of the above Specialists post arise then the following rule will apply:
- Candidates belonging to unreserved i.e. General Category, who have already appeared Six times for the post in the past, are not eligible to apply.
- No such restriction applies to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwBD, if the posts are reserved for them.
Selection Process of RBI SO (Grade-B):
The selection process will be done through 3-phases of Online/Offline exams. Such as Prelims, Mains and Personal interview. The candidates who are qualified in Prelims and Mains will be called for Interview. We have given the detailed information of selection process in below.
Phase-I or Prelims:
It is an Objective Type Question Paper. Time duration is 2 hours and maximum marks 200 allotted to the exam.
Phase-II or Mains:
Phase-II or Mains exam contains 3 Papers and it will carry a total of 300 marks.
(a) Paper-I: It is an online Objective test based on the Professional Knowledge in the area of specialisation. The time limit of exam is 90 Minutes and the marks carried for 100 marks.
(b) Paper-II: This is an online descriptive exam. It includes Economic and Social Issues questions and carries 100 marks within the time limit of 90 Minutes.
(c) Paper-III: It is an offline descriptive exam. The questions will be from Professional knowledge in the area of Specialization (Finance & Management/ Economics/ Statistics) which carries total of 100 marks at the time limit of 90 Minutes.
Phase-III or Interview:
After qualifying in the 2 Phases candidates have to appear in the Interview. The interview is held to carry maximum of 50 marks.
RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021 Exam Pattern
Aspirants can find the RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021 Exam Patterns of Prelims and Mains in below of the article:
RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021 Prelims Exam Pattern:
|Subject||Expected no. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021 Mains Exam Pattern:
|Papers||Examination Type||Exam Subjects||Time Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Paper-I||Online-Objective||Professional knowledge in the area of Specialization||90 minutes||100|
|Paper-II||Online-Descriptive(to be typed with the help of keyboard)||English (writing skills)||90 minutes||100|
|Paper-III||Offline-Descriptive(Paper-based)||Professional knowledge in the area of Specialization||90 minutes||100|
RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021 Syllabus
Prelims Syllabus for RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021:
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||General Awareness|
Machine Input Output
Ordering and Ranking
Arrangement and Pattern
Direction and Distance
|Ratio and Proportion
Time and Work
Speed, Distance and Time
Permutation and Combination
Fill in the Blanks
Indian Financial System
Indian Banking System
Category-wise Cut-off Marks for Prelims/Phase-I:
|SECTION WISE CUTOFF MARKS FOR PHASE – I|
Mains Syllabus for RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021:
|Economic and Social Issues||Finance||Management|
|Growth and Development
Economic Reforms in India
Social Structure in India
Basics of Derivatives
Development in Financial Sector
|Role of Manager
Human Resource Development
Motivation, Morale and Incentives
Category-wise Cut-off Marks for Mains/Phase-II:
|CUT-OFF MARKS DECIDED BY THE BOARD AT VARIOUS STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS|
|Aggregate Cut-Off Marks in paper-I, paper- II And Paper-III taken together in written examination for short-listing the candidate for interviewer (Out of total 300 marks)||176.75||161.75||155.75||155.75|
|Aggregate marks written examination and interviewer taken together (out of total 350 marks) obtained by the respective category with reference to the no. of vacancies notified under each category||225.50||211.00||204.25||210.25|
RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021 Notification: Click Here
RBI SO (Grade-B) 2021 Syllabus & Exam Pattern: Click Here