National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMT) conduct Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) every year to provide admissions to the students in Hospitality and Hotel Management Courses. NCHMCT is an autonomous body, established on 1984 by Ministry of Tourism, India. It provides admissions to all aspirants in various graduate and postgraduate programs.
Through this exam, aspirants can get admissions in the following institutions of India.
- 21 Central Institutes of Hotel Management
- 19 State Government Institutes of Hotel Management
- 14 Private Institutes of Hotel Management
Aspirants who have the interest to join in Hospitality and Hotel Management Programs can apply to this NCHMCT JEE Exam. The detailed Syllabus and Structure of the exam is available here for all interested candidates. You just go through the below article and prepare well for your exam. Candidates can also the visit official website @ nchm.nic.in
NCHMCT JEE Syllabus, Exam Pattern
Aspirants who wish to Study Hospitality and Hotel Management Courses can apply to NHCMT JEE 2019 exam. The notification will be released in December 2018. Before that, the desired candidates should plan to prepare well to crack the exam with high score. For that, we come with detail structure of the syllabus and exam pattern. You just go through the below article it will help you to aware of the subject and topic-wise syllabus which will be asked in the exam.
Details of NCHMCT JEE:
|Organising Body||National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMT)|
|Programs||Hospitality and Hotel Management|
|Application Availability||In the month of December 2018|
|L:anguage of Exam||Hindi & English|
NCHMCT JEE 2019 Application Process:
The candidates must check the application process of NCHMCT JEE 2019 which is given below:
- Firstly, aspirants have to visit the official website @ nchm.nic.in
- Here you can find the application form
- Now fill the required details in the application form
- Upload your photo and signature to attach with application form
- Then click “Submit”
- Finally download/take printout of application form for future reference
- Candidates must have passed in 10+2 or its equivalent exam with English as one of the subject
- Senior inter/last year pursuing candidates are also eligible
- Upper Age Limit: Candidates upper age limit should be 22 years (25 years for SC/ST category) as on 1st July 2019.
- Candidates born on or after 1st July 1997 (1st July 1994 for SC/ST category) are eligible.
NCHMCT JEE 2019 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern of NCHMCT JEE 2019 given in below table. The paper comprised of 5 subjects and it carries 200 marks with a complete duration of 3 hours. Each question carries 1 mark.
|Subject Name||Questions||Marks||Time duration|
|Numerical Ability & Analytical Aptitude||30||30||3 hours|
|General Knowledge& Current Affairs||30||30|
|Reasoning & Logical Deduction||30||30|
|Aptitude for service sector||60||60|
Marking Scheme of NCHMCT JEE 2019:
NCHMCT JEE question paper comprises of 200 questions and for each correct answer, the candidate is awarded 1 mark. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. 0.05 marks can be deducted for every unanswered question.
Marking scheme for Service Sector Aptitude section of the question paper will be done differently. The Marking scheme of NCHMCT is as follows-
- mark- Most appropriate answer
- 0.75- next to most appropriate answer
- 0.50- Next to next to most appropriate answer
- 0.25- Least appropriate answer
- Negative marking for a wrong answer
NCHMCT JEE 2019 Syllabus
Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude:
Profit and Loss, Simplification, H.C.F. and L.C.M., Chain Rule, Square Roots and Cube Roots, Average, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Unitary Method Questions, Problems on Age, Speed, Distance and Time, Areas and Volumes, Permutations and Combinations, Pie Charts,Ratio and Proportions, Mixture and Allegation, Percentage, Variation
Reasoning and Logical Deduction
Coding and Decoding, Syllogism, Complex Arrangement, Sitting Arrangement, Alphabet Test, Blood Relations, Symbols and Notations, Data Interpretation, Linear Arrangement, Analytical Reasoning, Number Series, Direction and Distance, Statements- Assumptions, Arguments, Conclusions.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Indian History, Indian Constitution, Famous Personalities, Books and Authors, Awards and Prizes, Sports, World Organizations, Music, Dance and Languages, General Economic Study, Indian Geography, Fashion Events.
Antonyms and Synonyms, Analogies, One Word Substitution, Cloze Tests, Para Jumbles, Idioms and Phrases, Parts of Speech, Fill in the Blanks, Error Spotting, Para Completion, Sentence Reconstruction, Paragraph Formation, Rearrangement of Words in Sentence, Vocabulary
General Knowledge and Scientific Aptitude section:
- Manorama Year Book 2018 by M Mathew and M. Mathew
- Pratiyogita Darpan by Upkar Prakashan
- Pearson India Yearbook by Thrope
- Lucent’s GK by Vinay Karana
Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude:
- 30 day’s wonder Math’s by S CHAND
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- Pearson’s English by Thrope
- Arihant General English for all Competitive Exams by C Gupta
Aptitude for Service Sector
- Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide by R P Datson
NCHMCT JEE Official Website: Click Here