MPSC Engineering Services Syllabus 2022 PDF – Download Detailed Syllabus, Question Papers Here
- MPSC Engineering Services Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- MPSC Engineering Services Exam Pattern 2022 @ mpsc.gov.in
- Exam Pattern for Engineering Services Preliminary Examination:
- Exam Pattern for Engineering Services Main Examination:
- Download MPSC Engineering Services Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2022
- Download MPSC Engineering Services Main Exam Syllabus 2022
- MPSC Civil Engineering (Paper-I) Syllabus:
- MPSC Civil Engineering (Paper-II) Syllabus:
- Download MPSC Mechanical Engineering (Paper-I) Syllabus:
- Download MPSC Mechanical Engineering (Paper-II) Syllabus:
- Download MPSC Electrical Engineering (Paper-I) Syllabus:
- Download MPSC Electrical Engineering (Paper-II) Syllabus:
- Download MPSC Engineering Service (Prelims & Mains Exam) Syllabus 2022:
- Download MPSC Engineering Services (Prelims & Mains Exam) Question Papers
Candidates are you preparing for MPSC Engineering Services Exam 2022. Then this article is for You……….! Here The MPSC Engineering Syllabus 2022 And Exam Pattern are available in detail. So the Candidates, who had applied for MPSC Jobs 2022 and are Searching Online for MPSC Engineering Services Syllabus 2022, will get complete information here. The Maharashtra Public Service Commission had announced the MPSC Engineering Services Exam 2022. So the Applicants who applied for MPSC Engineering Services Exam must check this article. The MPSC Engineering Services Exam is quite tough to be Qualified and there will be huge competition for the Examination. SO the Contenders should practice Hard. So, to help those candidates we are here with the Updated MPSC Engineering Services Syllabus and Exam Structure.
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) Engineering Services Main Examination consists of the following papers.
- Civil Engineering Paper-I
- Civil Engineering Paper-II
- Electrical Engineering Paper-I
- Electrical Engineering Paper-II
- Mechanical Engineering Paper-I
- Mechanical Engineering Paper-II
MPSC Engineering Services Syllabus & Exam Pattern
|Name Of The Organization||Maharashtra Public Service Commission|
|Name Of The Post(s)||Engineering Services Examination|
|Selection Procedure||Preliminary Exam, Main Exam|
MPSC Engineering Services Exam Pattern 2022 @ mpsc.gov.in
The MPSC Engineering Services Exam Pattern contains the complete description of the topics from which questions are given in the exam paper. And the exam pattern contains the marks and duration given for each topic. So before going to an exam, the candidates should be fully prepared. By reading the MPSC Engineering Services syllabus and Exam Pattern along with previous papers you will get a clear idea about the examination. And it is also very useful for in time managing in the exam, from that you can attempt the complete questions given in the question paper. Automatically the exam score and performance will also be increased, so don’t neglect and start working on this recruitment.
Exam Pattern for Engineering Services Preliminary Examination:
- Total Marks is of 200
- Total Questions is of 100
|Name of the Subject||Subject Standard||Medium of the Subject||Duration of the exam|
|Marathi||12th Class||Marathi||1 hour|
|General Ability||Degree||Marathi & English||1 hour|
Exam Pattern for Engineering Services Main Examination:
- Total Marks is of 200
- Total Questions is of 100
|Name of the Subject||Subject Standard||Medium of the Subject||Duration of the exam||Questions|
|Civil Engineering Paper-I||B.E (Civil)||English||2 hours||100|
|Civil Engineering Paper-II||B.E (Civil)||English||2 hours||100|
|Electrical Engineering Paper-I||B.E (Electrical)||English||2 hours||100|
|Electrical Engineering Paper-II||B.E (Electrical)||English||2 hours||100|
|Mechanical Engineering Paper-I||B.E (Mechanical)||English||2 hours||100|
|Mechanical Engineering Paper-II||B.E (Mechanical)||English||2 hours||100|
Download MPSC Engineering Services Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2022
The Candidates who had applied for MPSC Engineering Services Examination Jobs and preparing for MPSC Engineering Services Exam 2022 should check this article for MPSC Engineering Services Syllabus and test pattern PDF. Here on this page, we have uploaded the Subject Wise Engineering Syllabus and Detailed MPSC Exam Pattern to help the Aspirants in their Exam Preparation. So all the Applicants are advised to read this article completely and Download the MPSC Engineering Services Syllabus and Exam Pattern for the Below Section for free of cost.
Meaning and use of all common phrases, syntax, grammar, sayings and phrases as well as answers to questions on transcripts
Common Vocabulary, Sentence Structure, Grammar, Usage of Idioms & Phrases and their meaning, Comprehension.
- History of India especially Maharashtra (1857 to 1990)
- Geography of India especially Maharashtra
- Indian Economy
- Indian Import-Export
- Role of Government, Co-operative and Rural Banks in National Development Government Economy Budget, Accounts, Audit, etc.
- 4th Annual Plan
- Reasons for prices.
- Indian Polity
- Current affairs in the world as well as in India: – Political, industrial, economic, social, educational, Geographical, astronomical, cultural, scientific, etc.
- Environment: – Human development and environment, eco-friendly development, conservation of natural resources especially forest conservation, various types of pollution and environmental disasters, state / nation / world level organizations / institutions working in environmental conservation.
Download MPSC Engineering Services Main Exam Syllabus 2022
Candidates who got shortlisted in the MPSC Engineering Services Preliminary Exam 2022 are eligible to appear for MPSC Engineering Services Main Examination 2022. Candidates can read the syllabus of all the papers carefully and prepare well for main examination.
MPSC Civil Engineering (Paper-I) Syllabus:
- Building Construction & Materials: Properties of wet and hardened concrete, tests on concrete, factors affecting strength of concrete, water-cement ratio, aggregate-cement ratio, mix design, additives, design of form work, types of formwork. Stones, bricks, cements, lime, mortar, timber, plastic, concrete, steel, paints and varnishes. Principles of building planning and design, integrated approach, building byelaws, building services such as vertical transportation, water supply sanitation, thermal ventilation, lighting, acoustics, fire protection, electrical fittings. Foundations, stones, brick and block masonry, steel and reinforced cement concrete structures, floors, doors and windows, roofs, finishing works, water proofing.
- Strength of materials: Stresses, strains, principal stresses, bending moments, shear forces and torsion theory, bending theory of beam, deflection of beam, theories of buckling of columns.
- Theory of structures: Analysis of beams, frames and trusses, slope deflection method,
moment distribution method.
- Structural analysis: Analysis of arches and suspension cables, influence lines, stiffness and flexibility matrix methods.
- Steel structures: Design of bolted and welded connections, columns, footings, trusses, steel beams, plate girders.
- Design of reinforced concrete structures (Working stress and limit state): Design of slab,
beams, columns, footing. retaining walls, tanks, building frames, staircases.
- Pre-stressed Concrete: Principles of pre-stressing, materials used and their properties,
permissible stresses as per I.S. codes, systems of pre-stressing, losses in pre-stress, design of pre-tensioned and post-tensioned beams- simply supported, rectangular and T- beams, cable profile, end block design, bridge girder.
- Construction Planning and Management: Elements of scientific management, elements of material management, safety engineering, network analysis, construction equipment, site layout, quality control.0
- Computer-aided analysis and design of structures, application of computer programming to structures. numerical methods such as i. Finding area by Simpson’s rule, trapezoidal rule; ii. Finding root of an equation by a) Newton-Raphson techniques iii. b) Bisection method iv. Solution of simultaneous equations by a) Gauss elimination method, b) GaussJordan method, c) Iteration method.
MPSC Civil Engineering (Paper-II) Syllabus:
- Surveying: Classification of surveys, measurement of distances-direct and indirect methods, optical and electronic devices, prismatic compass, local attraction; plane table surveying, levelling, calculations of volumes, contours, theodolite, theodolite traversing, omitted measurements, trigonometric levelling, tacheometry, curves, photogrammetry, geodetic surveying, hydrographic surveying.
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation: Specification, estimation, costing, tenders and contracts, rate analysis, valuation
- Geo-technical Engineering: Geotechnical properties, stresses in soil, shear resistance,
compaction, consolidation and earth pressure, stability of slopes, bearing capacity, settlements, shallow and deep foundations, cofferdams, ground water control.
- Fluid Mechanics: Properties of fluids, fluid statics and buoyancy, kinematics and dynamics, flow measurement, flow in open channel, flow in closed conduits, dimensional and model analysis, losses in pipe flow, siphon, water hammer, boundary layer and control, pipe network.
- Fluid Machines: Hydraulic turbines, centrifugal pumps, reciprocating pumps, power house, classification and layout.
- Engineering Hydrology: Hydrological cycle, precipitation, evaporation, infiltration, runoff, hydrographs, reservoir planning & sediment control, floods, flood routing, ground water.
- Irrigation Engineering: Water requirement of crops, methods of irrigation, lift irrigation, water logging, dams, spillways, energy dissipation, diversion head works, canal and canal structures, cross drainage works, river training works.
- Highway Engineering: Planning of highway systems, alignment and geometric design, horizontal and vertical curves, grade separation, materials and different surfaces and maintenance, rigid and flexible pavement, traffic engineering.
- Bridge Engineering: Selection of site, types of bridges, discharge, waterway, spans, afflux, scour, standards, specifications, loads and forces, erection of superstructure, strengthening.
- Tunnelling: Open cuts, surveys, criteria for selection of size and shapes, driving in soft and hard grounds, mucking, dust control, ventilation, lighting and drainage, special methods of tunnelling.
- Environmental Engineering
a. Water Supply Engineering: Sources of supply, design of intakes, estimation of demand, water quality standards, primary and secondary treatment, maintenance of treatment units, conveyance and distribution of treated water, rural water supply.
b. Waste Water Engineering & Pollution control: Quantity, collection and conveyance and quality, disposal, design of sewer and sewerage systems, pumping, characteristics of sewage and its treatment, rural sanitation, sources and effects of air and noise pollution, monitoring, standards
c. Solid Waste Management: Sources, classification, collection and disposal
Download MPSC Mechanical Engineering (Paper-I) Syllabus:
Zeroth law of Thermodynamics, First law of Thermodynamics, Second law of Thermodynamics, calculation of work and heat in various processes; Second law of Thermodynamics; Thermodynamics property charts and tables, availability and irreversibility, Thermodynamic relations.
Fluid Mechanics and Turbomachinery:
Fluid definition and properties, Newton’s Law of viscosity concept of continuum, Classification of fluid, Fluid statics, manometry, buoyancy, force of submerged bodies, stability of floating bbodies, viscous flow of incompressible fluid, boundary layer, elementary turbulent flow, flow through pipes, head losses in pipes.
Impulse and reaction principles, velocity diagrams, Pelton-wheel, Francis and Kaplan turbines.
Modes of heat transfer; one dimensional heat conduction, resistance concept and electric analogy, heat transfer through fins; unsteady heat conduction, lumped parameter system, thermal boundary layer, dimensionless parameters in free and forced convective heat transfer, heat exchanger performance, LMTD and NTU methods; radiative heat transfer, Stefan Boltzmann law.
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
Vapour and gas refrigeration and heat pump cycle; properties of moist air, psychrometric
chart, basic psychrometric processes.
Internal Combustion Engine
Classification of I.C. Engine, circle Analysis of IC, SI, CI engines, Super charging/ Turbocharger Performance characteristics of SI and CI, Air pollution due to IC engine and its norms, engine fuels, engine lubricants, engine cooling, Introduction to CNG, LPG, wankle engines etc., Recent development in IC engine.
Power Plant Engineering
Thermal Power Plant– Analysis of steam cycle – Carnot, Rankine, Reheat cycle and Regenerative cycle. Layout of Power Plant, layout of pulverized coal burners, fluidized bed combustion, coal handling system, ash handling system. Forced draught and induced draught fans, boiler feed pumps, super heater regenerators, condensers, boilers, de-aerators and cooling towers.
Hydro power plant – Rainfall, run off and its measurement hydrographs, flow duration curve, reservoir storage capacity, classification of plants – run off river plant, storage river plant, pump storage plant, layout of hydroelectric power plant.
Nuclear Power Plant – Introduction of Nuclear Engineering, fission, fusion, nuclear materials, thermal fusion reactor and power plant – PWR, BWR, liquid metal fast breeder, reactors, reactor control, introduction to plasma technology.
Diesel and gas turbine power plant – General layout, advantage and disadvantage component, performance of gas turbine power plant, combine heat power generation.
Renewable Energy Sources
Solar Energy – Solar concentrators and tracking, Dish and Parabolic trough concentrating generating systems, Central tower solar power plants; Solar Ponds. Basic principle of power generation in a PV cell; Band gap and efficiency of PV cells, solar cells, characteristics,
manufacturing methods of mono and poly-crystalline cells; Amorphous silicon thin film cells.
Wind Energy – Basic component of WEC, Type of wind turbine – HAWT, VAWT, Performance parameters of wind turbine, Power in wind, Wind electric generators, wind characteristics and site selection; wind farms for bulk power supply to grid.
Download MPSC Mechanical Engineering (Paper-II) Syllabus:
Strength of Materials
Stress and Strain, Elastic Constants: Poission’s Ratio, Modulus of elasticity, Modulus of rigidity, Bulk modulus, Shear Force and Bending Moment diagram, Deflection of Beams, Thin Cylindrical and Spherical Shells, Strain Energy, Torsion.
Theory of Machines and Vibration
Kinematics – Structure, Machine, Link and its types, Kinematics pairs, Kinematic chain and mechanism, Grubler’s criteria, Inversions of kinematics chains, inversions of-four bar chain, single slider crank chain and double slider crank chain. Displacement, Velocity and acceleration analysis of plane mechanisms; dynamic analysis of linkages; cams; gears and gear trains; flywheels and governors; balancing of reciprocating and rotating masses; gyroscope. Free and forced vibration of single degree of freedom systems, effect of damping , vibration isolation, resonance critical speeds of shafts.
Design of Machine Elements
Design consideration in castings & forgings, theories of failure, Design for static loadings, Design against fluctuating loads, Design of shafts, Design of springs, Design of belts.
Strain Hardening, Constitution of Alloys, Iron-Carbon Equilibrium Diagram, Heat Treatment of Steels, Cast Irons, Introduction to International Standards/Codes, Non Ferrous Metals and Alloys, Fatigue Failure, Creep, Alloy Steels, Strengthening mechanism, Powder Metallurgy.
Production Process, Planning and Control
Casting, Forming and Joining Processes – Non Destructive Techniques, Mechanics of machining; basic machine tools; single and multi-point cutting tools, tool geometry and materials, tool life and wear; economics of machining; principles of non-traditional machining processes; principles of work holding, design of jigs and fixtures. Forecasting models, aggregate production planning, scheduling, materials requirement
Limits, Fits and tolerances; linear and angular measurements; comparators; gauge design; interferometry; form and finish measurements; alignment and testing methods; tolerances analysis in manufacturing and assembly
Download MPSC Electrical Engineering (Paper-I) Syllabus:
- Work, Power and Energy, Resistance, capacitance and inductance, DC circuits, KCL, KVL, Network theorems, fundamentals, RL, RC and RLC circuits, Steady state and transient responses. Series and parallel AC circuits, Three phase circuits, Power calculation in balanced and unbalanced circuits, Linear and non linear loads.
- Basics of electromagnetic and electro static, series and parallel magnetic circuits, energy stored in fields, types, construction, operation of single and three phase transformers, equivalent circuit and phasor, diagrams, OC and SC tests, regulation and efficiency calculation, parallel operation, field tests before commissioning.
- Fundamentals of energy conversion, Construction and theory of DC machine, DC generator characteristics, Starting, braking and speed control of DC motors, Application of DC machines.
- Principle, types, performance characteristics, starting and speed control of single phase and three phase induction motors, Equivalent circuits, phasor diagrams, applications. VFD for induction motors. Energy saving opportunities in using VFD.
- Principle, types of synchronous motors, performance characteristics, starting and speed control of single phase and three phase synchronous motors, Equivalent circuits, phasor diagrams, applications. VFD for synchronous motors.
- Analog and Digital electronics fundamentals, devices and characteristics, amplifier and oscillator circuits, Operational amplifier, Gates, flip-flops, Combinational and sequential circuits, ADC and DACs.
- Sensors and transducers, Performance characteristics of measuring instruments, instrument transformers, measurement of physical parameters such as pressure, force, temperature, flow, vibration, torque, etc. Principles of feedback, transfer function, block diagram, steady state error, Steady state and transient specifications, Bode plot, Nyquist plot and Root locus, Relative and absolute Stability considerations.
- Power Devices- Types, Characteristics of various power electronic devices, Triggering and protection circuits, Controlled and uncontrolled rectification, DC to DC converters, DC to AC conversion, modulation techniques, SPWM. Fundamentals of electric drives, 4 quadrant operation, theory and analysis of DC drives, converter and chopper fed DC drives, Voltage, frequency and V/F controlled drives, slip power recovery schemes, fundamentals of wind power generation and grid interface.
- Power generation in India and Maharashtra, Renewable Generation, Various types of power plant, major equipment in power plants, Major issues with wind and solar power generation and grid interface. Steady state performance of overhead transmission lines and cables, per unit quantities, Bus admittance and impedance matrices, symmetrical components.
- Calculation of sag and tension in transmission of lines, Analysis symmetrical and unsymmetrical faults, principle of active and reactive power transfer and distribution. Load flow studies, steady state and transient stability, voltage stability, voltage control, economic load dispatch, load frequency control in power systems.
Download MPSC Electrical Engineering (Paper-II) Syllabus:
- Principle of circuit breaking, arc extinction and arc interruption for and DC breaker, Various types of circuit breakers and their applications, Ratings of breakers, isolators and major HV switchgear.
- Principle of over current, earth fault, differential, and distance protection. Concepts of solid state and numeric relays. Protection of generator, transformer, transmission lines, substation, busbar, induction motors. Various LT switchgear devices such as MCCB, ELCB.
- Specification of impulse wave, multistage impulse generator, insulation coordination, Routine and type tests for cables and transformers, Lightning protection, Early emission arrestors. Power quality issues, Reactive and harmonic compensation, FT devices and their applications, Passive and Active filters, HVDC transmission.
- Energy scenario in India, Energy policies, pricing and reforms, Energy conservation Act, 2001, Electricity Act, 2003. Energy management objectives, Electricity billing, electrical load management and MD control, Tariffs, PF improvements and benefits.
- Basic terms in lighting systems and features, lamp types and their features, Recommended illumination levels for various tasks, methodology of lighting system energy efficiency study, Illumination system design for residential, commercial, industrial categories. Solar powered illumination and economics associated.
- DG set selection and installation factors, Operational features, Energy performance assessment of DG sets, Energy saving majors for DG sets, Synchronization of DGs with utility supply. Parallel operation. UPS technology, types and specifications, Performance assessment.
- Pump types and characteristics, Pump curves, Factors affecting pump performance, Efficient pumping system operation, Energy conservation in pumping systems. Fan and compressor types, Fan and compressor performance evaluation and efficient system operation, Compressor capacity assessment, Energy saving opportunities in fans and compressors.
- HVAC and refrigeration system, Types of refrigeration system, Common refrigerants and properties, Compressor type and applications, Selection of suitable refrigeration system, Factors affecting performance and energy efficiency of refrigeration plants, Energy saving opportunities.
- Underground cable and cable accessories, cable in underground structure, cable installation in conduit, cable joints, cable fault detection, over-current protection and lightning protection of underground systems, operation and maintenance of underground system. Grounding systems, Equipment, Ground fault protection, Isolated neutral grounding, Grounding for hazardous locations, substation, tower grounding.
- Substation design, bus designs, substation layout, grounding and ground grid design, substation structures, major substation equipment, auxiliary equipment, substation automation, Commissioning and start up. Industrial, residential and commercial wiring, electrical system design, design and audio and video systems, Lifts and Elevator systems, safety norms and codes. Fire fighting apparatus and systems.
Download MPSC Engineering Service (Prelims & Mains Exam) Syllabus 2022:
|Name of the Examination & Paper||Download Here|
|MPSC Engineering Services (Prelims) Exam 2022||Click Here|
|MPSC Engineering Service (Main) Exam (Civil Paper-I)||Click Here|
|MPSC Engineering Service (Main) Exam (Civil Paper-II)||Click Here|
|MPSC Engineering Service (Main) Exam (Mechanical Paper-I)||Click Here|
|MPSC Engineering Service (Main) Exam (Mechanical Paper-II)||Click Here|
|MPSC Engineering Service (Main) Exam (Electrical Paper-I)||Click Here|
|MPSC Engineering Service (Main) Exam (Electrical Paper-II)||Click Here|
Download MPSC Engineering Services (Prelims & Mains Exam) Question Papers
|Name of the Exam & Paper||Download Here|
|MPSC ESE (Prelims) Exam 2019||Click Here|
|MPSC ESE (Electrical) (Main) Exam 2019 [Paper-I]||Click Here|
|MPSC ESE (Electrical) (Main) Exam 2019 [Paper-II]||Click Here|
|MPSC ESE (Prelims) Exam 2020||Click Here|
|MPSC ESE (Civil) (Main) Exam 2019 [Paper-I]||Click Here|
|MPSC ESE (Civil) (Main) Exam 2019 [Paper-II]||Click Here|
|MPSC ESE (Civil) (Main) Exam 2020 [Paper-I]||Click Here|
|MPSC ESE (Civil) (Main) Exam 2020 [Paper-II]||Click Here|
|MPSC ESE (Civil) (Main) Exam 2018 [Paper-I]||Click Here|
|MPSC ESE (Civil) (Main) Exam 2018 [Paper-II]||Click Here|
|MPSC ESE (Electrical) (Main) Exam 2018 [Paper-I]||Click Here|
|MPSC ESE (Electrical) (Main) Exam 2018 [Paper-II]||Click Here|
MPSC Engineering Services Syllabus – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the full form of MPSC?
Maharashtra Public Service Commission
What is the Selection Procedure for Engineering Services Examination?
Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Final Interview.
Where can I get the Syllabus for MPSC Engineering Services Examination?
www.mpsc.gov.in and www.careers99.com
What is the official website of MPSC?