- MICAT 2018-19 Overview:
- MICAT Exam Pattern 2018-19
- MICAT 2018-19 Syllabus
MICAT 2018-19: Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad has invited applications for MICAT-1. The Registration was started on 23-08-2018. MICA Admission Test (MICAT), a university level entrance examination conducted by Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad. It is conducted to offer admission in PGDMC (Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications) to all interested and eligible candidates. The exam is held twice in a year i.e. MICAT-I and MICAT-II. To appear in this exam aspirants must have valid scores of CAT, XAT and GMAT. Contenders who wish to appear in this exam can check the complete details like registration process, eligibility criteria, selection process, exam pattern and syllabus in this page.
For more details candidates can also visit the official website @ mica.ac.in or careers99.com
MICAT 2018-19 Overview:
|Administrating Body||Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA)|
|Exam Name||MICAT 2019|
|Exam Level||University level|
|Last date of Application||20th November 2018|
MICAT 2018-19: Important Dates
|Issuing of Application Form||24th August 2018||3rd January 2019|
|Last date to submit application form||20th November 2019||30th January 2019|
|Admit card available on||26th November 2019||4th February 2019|
|Exam Date||1st December 2018||9th February 2019|
|Result Declaration||18th December 2018||19th February 2019|
|GE and PI Shortlist||19-Feb-19|
|Final MICAT 2019 Result||25th March 2019|
How to Register for MICAT 2018-19?
Aspirants have to follow the below steps before proceed to register for MICAT 2018-19:
- Candidates can get access the MICAT application form in online mode only.
- The registration process is starting from 23rd August 2018 for MICAT-I and 3rd January 2019 for MICAT-II.
- Candidates need to visit the official website @ ac.in
- Now click on the “Registration Link” and register yourself by enter some basic details
- Click on submit, now you will get reg. id and password
- Next you have to login to MICAT Website for accessing the Application Form
- After successfully login click on the “ Application Form Link”
- Now the application form appears on screen. Now enter all your details properly.
- Select Programmes of your choice
- Upload a scanned image and signature
- Before that you have to pay the application fee via net banking/credit card/debit card
- Now click on Submit
- Take a copy of application form for future use.
MICAT 2018-19 Registration Fee:
The registration fee of MICAT is Rs. 1965. Applicants can make their payment via net banking/credit/debit card.
MICAT 2018-19 Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification in any discipline from a recognised university/Institute.
- Students of final year Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply.
- Valid scorecard of CAT/XAT/GMAT exam is mandatory.
MICAT Exam Pattern 2018-19
Candidates can check the below table for MICAT 2018-19:
|Exam Mode||Online mode (CBT)|
|Total Questions||Objective type and Subjective type|
|No. of Questions||144 questions|
|No. of Sections||6 sections|
|Marking Scheme||Except subjective and Psychometric test questions remaining all the sections in the examination has negative marking.|
|Duration||2 hours and 45 minutes|
NOTE: 35 minutes will be given to section-I while 130 minutes will be given to Section-II
|Exam Language||Bilingual i.e. English & Hindi|
|Section Name||No. of Questions|
|Analytical and Verbal Ability||25|
|Logical Reasoning||25 – 27|
MICAT 2018-19 Selection Process:
The selection will be done through 3 steps:
Step-I: Candidate must have appeared at least one of the three exams: CAT/ XAT/GMAT.
Step-II: MICA Admission Test (MICAT).
Step-III: GE & PI: All the candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT 2018/XAT 2019/GMAT 2017 onwards & MICAT shall appear for both GE & PI.
Preparation of Merit List: All those candidates who appear in GE & PI, and fulfil the following conditions will be considered for the merit list.
- Majority recommendation by all the panel members of PI
- At least 3.5 or more on a 5-point scale in GE
- At least 4 or more on a 5-point scale in PI
For all those who meet the criteria a final composite score (FCS) shall be created based on the following weight age:
CAT/XAT/GMAT and 20%; MICAT 30%; GE 20%; PI 30%; (Scaled Scores will be used for MICAT).
Short listed candidates will be called for GE and PI at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
MICAT 2018-19 Syllabus
MICAT exam will contain the questions on following topics: Descriptive Test, Psychometric Test, Analytical and Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness and Divergent Thinking.
- Creative writing
- Social events or issues
- Current events
- Brands, companies & taglines
- Start-ups, social films
- Advertising agencies, etc.
This test will conduct to test your psychology and personality. You don’t need to prepare for this part of the paper. It just tests and pinpoints your personality.
Download the Admit Card of MICAT 2018-19:
Applicants can download their admit cards through online only. So, that candidates have to visit the official site and find the admit card link there. Then click on the link and enter their respective login id and password. Therefore the admit card will be appear on the screen. Now download the admit card and take printouts for future reference.
MICAT 2018-19 Result:
The result will be declared by the conducting authority of exam MICA at official website. It may be announced in 18th December 2018. To download the score candidates have to log in the official portal.
Counselling Details for MICAT 2018-19:
Short listed candidates of MICA 2019 will invite to participate in the counselling of MICA Institute.
MICAT 2018-19 Notification – Check official website: Click Here