Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) will release the notification for admissions into Graduate, Post Graduate and Doctorate programmes. ISI every year conducts ISI Admission Test for all interested and eligible aspirants. Aspirants can get the admission through the entrance exam. So, all interested candidates must apply to get admission in Indian Statistical Institute. The entrance examination will be conducted on 12th May 2019. It is a national level exam. Candidates who want to get admissions in ISI are advised to go through this article. We have described the important details of ISI Admission Test 2019. Read the page and get some knowledge to apply for ISI Admission Test 2019.
The following courses are offered by ISI:
- Stat (Hons.)
- Math (Hons.)
- MS (QE)
- MS (QMS)
- MS (LIS)
- Tech (CS)
- Tech (CrS)
- Tech (QROR) besides PG Diploma
- Junior Research Fellowship programmes
ISI ADMISSION 2019 – Check Important Details Below
Overview of ISI 2019:
|Organizing Board||Indian Statistical Institute|
|Exam Name||ISI Admission Test 2019|
|Courses offered||Graduate, Post Graduate and Doctorate|
|Online application window active on||5th February 2019|
|Last Date of Application||12th March 2019|
|Admit cards issue on||9th April 2019|
|Exam date||12th May 2019|
How to Apply for ISI 2019 ADMISSION TEST?
Aspirants can check the below details to apply for IGTR 2018.
- Go to the official website
- Click on the Registration Form link
- Fill the required details correctly
- Upload all mentioned documents
- Pay the registration fees
Look at the below table and check the eligibility criteria of ISI Admission Test 2019. Here we have given the eligibility details in course-wise.
|Course Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|B.Stat (Hons)/ B.Math (Hons)||Qualification: Must have passed in Higher secondary/12th or equivalent exam with 55% marks from recognized board|
|M.Tech (CS)||Qualification: Must have passed in B.Tech/B.E or equivalent in respective subject from recognized board|
|M. Math.||Qualification: Must have passed in Degree or equivalent exam in Mathematics as a compulsory subject|
|MS (QE)||Qualification: Must have passed in Degree or equivalent exam with Mathematics, Economics, Statistics and Physics from recognized board|
|M.Tech (QRQO)||Qualification: Must have passed in Master Degree or equivalent exam in Mathematics and Statistics|
|MS (QMS)||Qualification: Must have passed in Degree or equivalent exam in Mathematics from recognized board|
Work experience: No need
ISI ADMISSION TEST 2019 Exam Pattern
Here we have given the complete exam pattern in a tabular form for easy understanding of candidates. Look at the table once.
|Total papers||Paper-I and Paper-II|
|Sessions||2 i.e. Morning and Afternoon|
|Type of papers||Objective and Descriptive|
|Subject||Mathematics and Statistics|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks awarded for each right answer|
|Duration||2 hours for each paper|
Computer Science Aspirants has five sections in the part 2 paper with questions asked from Computer Science, Engineering and Technology at the B Tech level.
The Questions are asked from Engineering Mechanics, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Thermodynamics, and Engineering Drawing.
|Course||Morning Session||Afternoon Session|
|M.Tech (CS)||Mathematics||Math/Phys/Stat/Eng/Tech/Comp Science|
Part I (for Statistics/Mathematics Stream): There are 5 questions from Statistics & Probability where candidates has to answer 6 questions taking a minimum of 2 from each
Part II (for Engineering Stream): There are 4 questions from Mathematics and 6 from Engineering & Technology where candidates has to answer 2 minimum from each
The duration of the exam is of 4 hours with each part given 2 hours each.
ISI ADMISSION TEST 2019 Syllabus
Syllabus for B Stat/ B Math:
- Prime numbers, integers
- Rational and irrational numbers
- Permutations and combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Theory of quadratic equations and expressions
- Arithmetic and geometric progressions
- Inequalities involving arithmetic
- Geometric & harmonic means
- Complex numbers
- Matrices and determinants
- Plane geometry
- Geometry of 2 dimensions with Cartesian and polar coordinates
- Equation of a line, angle between two lines, distance from a point to a line.
- Concept of a Locus
- Area of a triangle
- Equations of circle, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola and equations of their tangents and normal
- Measures of angles
- Trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions
- Trigonometric identities including addition formulae, solutions of trigonometric equations
- Properties of triangles
- Heights and distances
- Sequences – bounded sequences, monotone sequences, limit of a sequence.
- Functions, one-one functions, onto functions. Limits and continuity.
- Derivatives and methods of differentiation. Slope of a curve.
- Tangents and normals, Maxima and minima.
- Using calculus to sketch graphs of functions
- Methods of integration, definite and indefinite integrals, evaluation of area using integrals.
Syllabus for QROR
Statistics stream: Statistics and Probability
- Engineering Drawing
- Engineering Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Engineering and Technology
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Computer Science (CS):
- Computer Science
- Engineering & Technology
ISI Official website: Click Here
ISI 2019 Admission Test Details: Click Here