- GCET 2019 Registration, Eligibility, Pattern & Syllabus
- GCET 2019 Exam Pattern
- GCET 2019 Syllabus
Are you looking for GCET 2019 Syllabus & Exam details? If yes look at the below article to find complete details about the exam GCET 2019. Here we have given the complete details of GCET 2019. Aspirants who are preparing to apply for GCET 2019 can check the dates of application form and eligibility and more other details in this page. GCET is a Goa Common Entrance Test.
Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa is a conducted body of GCET 2019. It is a state level entrance test conducting to offer admissions in various UG programmes.
All the aspirants who wish to appear in GCET 2019 must be aware of exam details, Application process and all to get qualify in the exam. Tap the page below to find syllabus and pattern of exam. Candidates can also visit the official site @ dte.goa.gov.in or carrers99.com for more information.
GCET 2019 Registration, Eligibility, Pattern & Syllabus
Syllabus is the essential part of any exam to prepare well and score high. There are over 1300 seats are available in various institutes of Goa. Read the entire page to get start your prepapration.
Highlights of GCET 2019:
|Name of the Exam||Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET)|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa|
|Courses offered||Engineering Programmes|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Duration of Test||2 hours (120 minutes) for each section|
GCET 2019: Important dates
|Application Process Starts on||March 2019|
|Last date to submit applications||April 2019|
|Admit card Issue on||May 2019|
|Commencement of Exam||May 2019|
|Results declaration||June 2019|
- The applicants should have completed 10+2 or equivalent exam from recognized institute/board
- Must have Physics, Mathematics and English as a compulsory subject.
- One additional subject should also be there among Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/ Computer Science.
- Candidates must have secured 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board/institute.
- Must have Physics, Chemistry and English as the compulsory subject
- There should be one additional subject among Mathematics, Biotechnology, Biology and Computer Science.
- Candidates must score minimum 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category) in the qualifying exam.
- 10+2 or equivalent exam passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subject will be eligible.
- However, candidates should score minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying exam.
Note: Those who are appearing in the qualifying exam i.e. 10+2, can also apply subject to fulfilment of prescribed conditions. Admission in Medical courses and Architecture programme will be done on the basis of NEET and NATA score respectively.
There is no specific age limit prescribed for engineering and pharmacy courses.
Lower age limit: 17 years
Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
NOTE: Non-resident Indians having the Indian Passport may also apply under NRI quota.
OCI/PIO card holders will also be considered eligible for applying under NRI Quota.
How to Register for GCET Application Form 2019?
Contenders check the steps below to know the process of GCET 2019 Application:
Step-1: First of all candidates need to visit the official website @ dte.goa.gov.in
Step-2: Next download the application form and take a printout of it.
NOTE: The GCET application form has to be filled in the candidate’s own hand writing.
Step-3: After filling the application form candidates have to send that to the respective exam board address.
Step-4: Candidates are advised to take the printout of admission form B at the time of downloading acknowledgement page.
GCET 2019 Application fee:
Application cost for all categories: Rs. 1800/-.
Candidates can submit the application fee through Demand Draft.
Application form should be sent along with the Demand Draft in favour of “Director of Technical Education” payable at Panaji drawn in any scheduled bank.
GCET 2019 Exam Pattern
GCET 2019 Exam Pattern, Total 75 Number of Questions will be asked in each paper. 2 hours will be given to complete each paper in the exam. There is no negative marking mentioned for no answering or incorrect answer. 1 mark will be given for each correct answer. Question asked will be consisting of Multiple Choice Question. Question asked will be from Mathematics, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry syllabus subjects.
|S. No.||Subject Name||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
GCET 2019 Syllabus
- Vectors and three-dimensional geometry
- Linear programming
- Relations and functions
- Taxonomy of an angiosperm
- Anatomy of plants
- Cell biology
- Applied biology
- Theories of evolution
- Plant Physiology
- Human physiology
- Animal biotechnology
- Environmental Science
- Biology in human welfare
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and nuclei
- Electronic devices
- Communication systems
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- D and F block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols, and ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Solid state
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements
- P-block elements
Admit Card for GCET 2019:
Applicants will get their admit cards before 15 days of the exam date via official sit dte.goa.gov.in. Candidates can download the admit card by using user id and password while generated on the registration. The admit card will contain exam name, centre and exam time. Candidates must have to carry the photo identity proof, two photographs of passport size and this hall ticket to get entry in the examination hall. Without admit card, students will not be allowed to the exam hall.
Result for GCET 2019:
The result of GCET 2019 will be declared in JUNE 2019. Candidates can find their results in official website only. The conducting board will publish their answer key on the official website. The candidates can file their objections regarding discrepancies and accuracy of the answer key by e-mail to the university.
GCET 2019 notification: Click Here