GATE Syllabus 2024 PDF – Download Branch Wise CSE, ECE, ME, CE
GATE Syllabus 2023 Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) syllabus is an extensive framework of topics and subjects that candidates need to prepare for to excel in the examination. The syllabus is tailored to various engineering and science disciplines, and it is designed to assess candidates’ understanding of fundamental concepts in their chosen field. GATE Syllabus 2023 -2024 The GATE syllabus generally includes the following components:
- General Aptitude: A common section for all papers that evaluates candidates’ language and numerical skills. It comprises verbal ability and numerical ability.
- Core Subjects: Discipline-specific topics that cover the essential knowledge and concepts in the chosen engineering or science field. These subjects delve into the fundamental theories, principles, applications, and problem-solving techniques relevant to the discipline.
- Engineering Mathematics: A critical Component For Most Disciplines, This Section Assesses Candidates’ Mathematical proficiency and Their Ability to Apply Mathematical Concepts to Engineering Problems.
The GATE Syllabus serves as a Roadmap For Candidates To Understand what they Need To Study to Succeed in the Exam. It’s Essential To Thoroughly review the Syllabus and Identify key Topics to Focus on During your preparation. Keep in mind that the Syllabus Might Evolve over Time, so it’s Crucial to Refer To The Official GATE website or the Specific Notification for the year you are Appearing in for the Most Accurate and up-to-date Syllabus information.
Introduction to GATE Syllabus for 2024
The GATE 2024 syllabus, which is available as an officially released PDF, covers important topics that will be assessed in the February 2024 examination. The syllabus is essential in exam preparation because it is designed to assess candidates’ Recall, Analysis and Synthesis, Comprehension, and Application abilities. It covers all of the topics that will be included in the GATE Exam paper.
Candidates must have a clear understanding of the GATE 2024 Syllabus in order to Develop an Efficient preparation Approach. The Syllabus caters to the GATE exam’s 29 various disciplines, with each branch having its own defined syllabus provided by the Appropriate Authorities. Candidates can obtain the GATE Syllabus for 2024 by Downloading it from the link provided below.
Syllabus for Junior Maintenance Operator Trainees 2023 PDF
OPTCL Syllabus 2023 Pdf Download for Junior Maintenance Operator Trainee Exam. Individuals interested in applying for Odisha PTCL JMOT Recruitment 2023 can obtain the Exam Syllabus and Test Pattern. As a result, in the sections below, you may get the OPTCL JMOT Syllabus 2023 Pdf. – http://www.optcl.co.in/. Written examination will be used to select candidates who Applied For Odisha Govt Jobs in Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Ltd JMOT openings.
So, Before Beginning your preparation, consult the OPTCL Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee Exam curriculum. The Syllabus include the subject Topics Required For Exam preparation. For More information About the Odisha JMOT Exam 2023, go to www.optcl.co.in. Practise the previous papers of the Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee exam for effective preparation.
GATE Exam Pattern 2024:
|Computer Based Test (Online)
|Number of Papers in GATE 2024
|General Aptitude (GA)Candidate Selected Subject
|Type of Questions
|Design of Questions
|The questions are designed to test the listed abilities
|Number of Questions
|65 Questions (including 10 questions from General Aptitude)
|Distribution of Questions in all Papers except AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL
|Distribution of Questions in AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL
|All of the questions will be worth 1 or 2 marks
- Exam Mode: GATE is conducted in an online computer-based mode. Candidates will need to use a computer at the designated exam center to answer the questions.
- Question Types: The exam consists of two types of questions:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs): These questions have options, and candidates need to select the correct one.
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions: These questions require candidates to enter a numerical value as the answer using a virtual numeric keypad.
- Sections: The question paper consists of two main sections:
- General Aptitude: This section is common for all papers and tests candidates’ language and numerical skills.
- Core Subject: Discipline-specific questions that cover the syllabus of the chosen engineering or science field.
- Marking Scheme:
- For MCQs: There are negative markings for incorrect answers. Marks are usually deducted for each incorrect answer, and no marks are deducted if a question is left unanswered.
- For NAT Questions: These questions do not have negative markings for incorrect answers. Candidates need to enter the exact numerical value as the answer.
- Duration: The duration of the GATE exam is typically 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Total Marks: The total marks for the exam vary based on the specific paper. Generally, the total marks range from 100 to 85, depending on the number of questions and their weightage.
- Question Paper: The question paper is available in English. Candidates need to choose the appropriate paper corresponding to their discipline.
- Use of Online Calculator: An online virtual calculator is provided on the computer screen to perform calculations during the exam.
- Exam Sessions: The GATE exam is conducted in multiple sessions over different days, depending on the number of papers. Each session is usually for a specific paper.
- Validity: GATE scores are valid for three years from the date of announcement of results. They can be used for admission to postgraduate programs and various career opportunities.
Subject Specialization Priority
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Construction Engineering &Management
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Rock Engineering & Underground Structure
- Computer Science and Engineering & Information Technology
- Design of Mechanical Equipment or Machine Design
- Thermal Engineering
- Manufacturing Science & Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Material Science & management
- Power Electronics
- Machines & Drives
- Power Systems
- Control & Automation
- Digital Signal Processing
- Instrumentation Technology
Electronics & Communication Engineering
- VLSI Design Tool Technology
- Integrated Electronics & Circuits
- Micro Electronics
- Microwave Engineering
- Communication Engg
- Telecommunication Technology & Management
- Optoelectronics & Optical Communication
- Digital Signal Processing
- Control & Automation
- Information Technology
- Information Security
- Software Engineering
- Distributed Computing
- Image Processing
- Computer Systems and Hardware
- Database and Information Systems
- Programming languages
- Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Computing
How to Get GATE Syllabus 2023
- Official GATE Website: The official GATE website of the organizing institute will have all the necessary information, including the syllabus. You can visit the official website of the institute conducting GATE for that particular year.
- GATE Brochure: The GATE brochure or information booklet provided on the official website will contain detailed information about the examination, including the syllabus. This brochure is usually available for download.
- Syllabus Section: On the official GATE website, there should be a dedicated section for the syllabus. This section will list the syllabus for various engineering disciplines and papers. It might be provided in PDF format, which you can download and save for your reference.
- Discipline-wise Syllabus: The syllabus is categorized based on different engineering disciplines or papers. Make sure you download the syllabus for the specific paper or discipline that you are interested in appearing for.
- Printable Version: If available, you can print the syllabus for your convenience so that you can refer to it offline.
- Updates and Notifications: Keep an eye on the official GATE website for any updates or notifications regarding the examination and the syllabus. Sometimes, there could be modifications or changes in the syllabus, so staying updated is important.