GATE 2019 Registration . Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG) has released the official notification for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2019 and the examination is all set to take place in the month of February 2018. While the application forms for the exam will be available on the official website, candidates need to register themselves on or before March 27, 2018. GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national level entrance exam for admission to PG courses in the field of engineering and technology. Candidates can get admissions into M.Tech./Ph.D. programmes in IITs , IISc, IISERs and other reputed institutions through GATE score. Every year, GATE is organized by the seven zonal IITs and an IISc on the rotational basis. This year, GATE exam is conducted by IIT, Guwahati. Apart from granting admission, the score of gate exam is also considered as one of the criteria for recruitment to government and private organizations working in technical fields. Aspirants can check here complete details about GATE 2018 Entrance Examination.
The GATE 2018 will be held by the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IIT G) on February 3, February 4 and February 10, February 11, 2018.
How to apply for GATE 2019:
1. Go to the official website of GOAPS, gate.iitg.ac.in
2. Registered yourself as a new user using a valid email ID and mobile number
3. Log on using your enrollment ID and password
4. Fill in all the required details in the prescribed format
5. Upload photograph, signature and complete the payment process
Note: After submitting the application form, candidates are advised to take print out of the same for future use.
Application fee of GATE 2019:
For examination centers in India:
- Female candidates: Rs 750
- SC/ST/PWD category candidates: Rs 750
- All other candidates: Rs 1500
For examination centres in foreign countries (all candidates):
- Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu: USD 50
- Dubai and Singapore: USD 100
Photograph requirements for GATE 2019:
- A passport size (3.5 cm Width X 4.5 cm Height) photograph of the face of the candidate is required for the application form.
- The photograph must be in COLOR and taken after 01 August 2017 in a professional studio.
- Please draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm X 7 cm (Height X Width) on an A4 white paper. Sign with black or dark blue ink pen within this box
- The signature with all capital letters capital letters or in any other color (other than black and blue) will not be accepted
GATE is administered jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (namely, IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee). The GATE Committee, which comprises of representatives from the administering institutes, is the sole authority for regulating the examination and for declaring the results.
Important Dates for GATE 2019
- Commencement of Online Application Form: 01st September 2017
- Last Date of Application Form Submission: 05th October 2017
- Last Date to request for change in examination city: 17th November 2017
- GATE 2018 Admit Card Availability: 05th January 2018
- GATE 2018 Exam Date: February 03, 04, 10 & 11, 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)
- Answer Key Released On: Within a few days after examination
- Announcement of GATE 2018 Results on the Online Application Website: 17th March 2018
- Downloading of Score Card Begins: Last week of March 2018 to Last week of May 2018
- Counselling Commence: Second week of April 2018
Important Websites for GATE 2019
All candidates must apply Online. Further details and Online Application Form can be obtained by accessing any of the GATE zonal websites:
(1) IISc Bangalore (gate.iisc.ernet.in)
(2) IIT Bombay (www.gate.iitb.ac.in)
(3) IIT Delhi (gate.ittd.ac.in)
(4) IIT Guwahati (www.iitg.enent.in/gate)
(5) IIT Kanpur (www.iitk.ac.in)
(6) IIT Kharagpur (www.gate.iitkgp.ac.in)
(7) IIT Madras (gate.iitm.ac.in)
(8) IIT Roorkee (www.gate.iitr.enert.in)
For information brochure and further update visit http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/
About GATE exam:
Examination for all the 23 subjects (papers) will be conducted as Online Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) types. The candidates will use only an on-screen virtual calculator provided for the examination.
Note: The examination for some of the papers in GATE 2018 may be held in multiple sessions. However, a candidate can appear for the examination in one session only.