Current Affairs, daily GK for 16th August 2018, Read the latest current affairs updates for 16th August to know what happens in the world. The current affairs are very useful to the students who are going to appear for the upcoming bank exams. Current affairs is most important to know what questions will be asked in the competitive exam and so on. In this article, you can know the daily GK Current Affairs updates from this web page.
BSNL launches VOIP based WINGS service
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited simply called as BSNL launched the BSNL WINGS a VOIP based service.
- There will be no sim or cable connection for a VOIP service for an app.
- For one year WINGS offers unlimited calls videos, audio calling.
- This facility can be used everywhere in the country and this app automatically uses the address into the phone.
Bharti Axa ties up with Airtel Payments Bank
- Bharti Axa Life Insurance and Airtel Payments Bank entered into an alliance to offer the ‘Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana’ (PMJJBY).
- Airtel Payments Bank also becomes the first payments bank in India to offer the PMJJBY.
- Under the tie-up, PMJJBY will be initially available at one lakh Airtel Payments Bank banking points across the country.
Madhya Pradesh Launches “Dial 100” Police App
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan a Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister launched a mobile app dial 100 on 15th
- This Dial 100 Mobile app will help at the emergency time.
- Whenever it receives a call the police team as soon as police will be reached to the location as quickly as possible.
3 scientist awarded by Albany Medical Centre
- The recipients of the annual Albany Medical Centre Prize in Medicine and Biomedical Research were announced on 15th August 2018.
- The recipients are James Allison, Dr Carl June and Dr Steven Rosenberg.
- Three scientists will share a $500,000 medical prize for their studies of the immune system that have led to innovative treatments for cancer, HIV and other diseases.
K S Srinivas takes over as MPEDA chief
- KS Srinivas formally took over (on August 13) as Chairman of the Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- KS Srinivas is a 1997 batch IAS officer of the Kerala cadre.
- Prior to his new assignment, he served a stint as Joint Secretary in the Department of Agriculture Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture.
Nihal Sarin Becomes 53rd Chess Grandmaster From India
- International Master Nihal Sarin became the 53rd Grandmaster of India despite losing his final round game to Richard Rapport of Hungary in the ninth and final round of Abu Dhabi Masters.