Many of the students have been participating a lot of banking exams, government jobs, etc and so on. We suggested you that Daily GK Current Affairs of 14th August and current affairs quiz helps to improve your energy levels and lot of knowledge to boost up your preparation levels. Make sure to attempt all the questions which we have given in the current affairs on 14th August 2018 and check your preparation level.
Ease of Living Index 2018: Pune Tops, Rampur At Bottom
- the ease of Living Index 2018 was released by Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri with few most prominent cities failing to make a cut in the top 10. Of total 111 cities ranked under the index, Pune has been ranked first while Navi Mumbai has surfaced as the second preferred spot in terms of ‘liveability’.
- All the cities have been ranked on the basis of four parameters of institutional, social, economic and physical.
Top 3 cities in the list are:
- Navi Mumbai,
- Greater Mumbai.
Bottom 3 Cities in The List are:
- Rampur (111th),
- Kohima (110th),
- Patna (109th).
Rajnath Singh Inaugurates NDMC Smart City Projects
- Rajnath Singh a Union Home Minister rolled out the smart city projects it will help New Delhi as a world-class city. The projects were undertaken by the New Delhi Municipal Council
- Rajnath Singh inaugurated various projects including smart poles, solar tree, ideation center, 50 LED interactive screens, Ambedkar Vatika and various other things.
Chhattisgarh, 1st State to Provide Right to Skills’ Development to Youth
- Raman Singh a Chhattisgarh Chief Minister announced that to provide Right to Skills Development to the youth Chhattisgarh is the first among other the 28 states in the country.
- The Chief Minister along with Union Minister of State for Skill Development Anant Kumar Hegde flagged off fifteen Skill Chariots to launch the government’s project of ‘Skills on Wheels’ in the state.
India’s 1st Genetic Bank for Wildlife Conservation Inaugurated In Hyderabad
- National Wildlife Genetic Resource Bank (NWGRB) was inaugurated at Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology’s (CCMB) Laboratory of Conservation of Endangered Species (LaCONES) facility in Hyderabad, Telangana.
India’s 1st Women SWAT Team Inducted in Delhi Police
- The Delhi Police indicted an all-woman Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team, consisting of 36 commandos – the first ever by any police force in India – for anti-terrorist operations. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh announced the team.
- The team will be deployed during the Independence Day celebrations. The elite women commandos, hailing from the north-eastern states, will be deployed at strategic locations for securing the Independence Day celebrations.
Chandrayaan-2 Lander to Be Named ‘Vikram’ After Sarabhai
- The Lander on the Chandrayaan-2 mission, which is scheduled to be launched in January 2019 will be named ‘Vikram’ after Vikram Sarabhai, the father of Indian space programme.
- This mission, unlike Chandrayaan-1 which only orbited the Moon, involves a Lander soft-landing on the lunar surface and unloading a Rover to study and take measurements from the Moon, while the orbiter will go around the Earth’s satellite.
SBI Ranked As India’s Most Patriotic Brand: Survey
- Country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI)is considered to be the most patriotic brand, according to a survey conducted by UK-based online market research and data analytics firm YouGov, followed by Tata Motors, Patanjali, Reliance Jio and BSNL.
- The survey, which covered 152 brands across 11 categories, is based on data collected online by YouGov Omnibus among 1,193 respondents in the country using its panel of an online representation of India.
Viraj Madappa Becomes Youngest Indian Golfer to Win Asian Tour Title
- Indian golfer Viraj Madappa became the youngest Indian to win on the Asian Tour, as he won his first title on the Asian Tour at Take Solutions Masters in Bengaluru. Viraj Madappa scored a total of 16-under 268 at the Asian Tour event. He is 20 years old.
Chhattisgarh Governor Balramji Das Tandon Passes Away
- Chhattisgarh Governor Balramji Das Tandon passed away at the age of 90.
He was admitted to a hospital in Raipur after he suffered cardiac arrest.