Dear Aspirants, here we have given the daily GK Current Affairs of 13th August 2018. The students who are going for the upcoming bank exams we pushed the current affairs and daily GK updates here. Stay here with the updated current news. The students who are going for the government jobs, banking exams and other any competitive exams could use this Daily GK Current affair to increase your knowledge levels.
Nasa Launches Parker Solar Probe To ‘Touch Sun’
- To protect the earth towards sun a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) blasted off a $ 1.5 billion spacecraft by unveiling the mysteries of dangerous solar storms.
All You Need To Know About The ‘Parker Solar Probe’
- The first ever mission to touch the sun is NASA “Parker Solar Probe”. The spacecraft will travels directly into the sun atmosphere. The spacecraft looks like a small car and about 4 million miles from the surface.
- Abroad a Delta IV- Heavy Rocket from Cape Canaveral, USA the “Parker Solar Probe” launched
Former Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee Passes Away
- Somnath Chatterjee (84 years) a former Lok Sabha Speaker passed way. He was the speaker of 5 years in the year 2004-2009.
- When Manmohan Singh led UPA-1 (United Progressive Alliance) he was the Lok Sabha Speaker at that time of 2004-09.
Israel Opens Visa Application Centre in Kolkata
- Tourists from West Bengal and Northern States to encourage more Indians to visit the country Israel opens visa Application centre in Kolkata.
- Visa Application fee is INR 1,100/- recently Israel announced.
Nepal-India Literature Festival 2018 Begins in Birgunj
- Nepal-India Literature Festival 2018has begun in Birgunj, Nepal. The festival was inaugurated by Chief Minister of Province 2 Mohammad Lalbabu Raut. The festival is aimed at strengthening Indo-Nepal ties.
- On this occasion, eminent writers from both the countries were also felicitated. Around 250 participants from India and Nepal attending the two-day festival. The event is organised by Nepal India Co-operation Forum.
Government Provides Fund of Rs 66000 crore To Increase Country’s Forest Cover
- The Union Government has unlocked green funds worth over Rs 66,000 croreto increase the country’s forest cover.
The fund is an accumulated amount of money, which user agencies have been depositing as compensation for diverting forest land for non-forest purposes, including industries and infrastructure, since the past 10 years.
Piyush Goyal Released 3rd Party Survey Report On Station Cleanliness
Minister of Railways, Coal, Finance & Corporate Affairs, Piyush Goyal has released a report on Station Cleanliness conducted by Quality Council of India (QCI).
A1 category stations (out of 75):
1st: Jodhpur/North-Western Railway
2nd: Jaipur/North-Western Railway
3rd: Tirupati/South-Central Railway.
A category stations (out of a total of 332):
1st: Marwar/North Western Railway
2nd: Phulera/North -Western Railway
3rd: Warangal/South-Central Railway.
Zonal Railway rankings are:
1st: North Western Railway
2nd: South Central Railway
3rd: East Coast Railway.
IT Minister Released ‘Digital North East Vision 2022’ in Guwahati
- Union Minister for Electronics & Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad released the document ‘Digital North East Vision 2022’in Guwahati, Assam. The Document emphasizes leveraging digital technologies to transform the lives of people of the northeast and enhance the ease of living.