Here today in this post we discussed about Daily GK Current Affairs of 18th August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18th August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs you to try bits correctly.
Ram Nath Kovind Appoints 7 New Governors: All You Need To Know
- Bihar, Haryana, Uttarkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Sikkim, Meghalaya and Tripura for these 7 states Ram Nath Kovind appoints the new Governors.
- The new governors of these 7 states are listed below…
- Satya Pal Malik – Jammu & Kashmir (Replaced NN Vohra)
- Tathagata Roy – Meghalaya (Replaced Ganga Prasad)
- Lalji Tandon – Bihar (Replaced Satya Pal Malik)
- Ganga Prasad- Sikkim (Replaced Shriniwas Patil)
- Kaptan Singh Solanki-Tripura (Replaced Tathagata Roy)
- Satyadev Narayan Arya- Haryana (Replaced Kaptan Singh Solanki)
- Baby Rani Maurya- Uttarakhand (Replaced K K Paul).
Chhattisgarh Announces Renaming Of Naya Raipur To Atal Nagar
- Bilaspur University is also known as Atal Bihari Vajpayee University and the narrow Guage Line is known as Atal Path.
- Chattisgarh announced the Naya Raipur to Atal Nagar the central park is going on constructing and it will be called as Atal Park.
1st Ever IAF-RMAF Joint Air Exercise Begins In Malaysia
- In Malaysia the 1st ever joint Air Exercise involving Indian Air Force and Royal Malaysian Air Force started at Subang in Malaysia.
- The main theme of this Joint Exercise is to depend defence and military between the two countries.
Forbes Released List of Highest Paid Female Athletes: Serena Williams Tops, PV Sindhu Ranks 7th
- Serena Williams (with earnings of $18.1 million)was the highest paid female athlete for a third consecutive year in 2018, according to “List Of Highest Paid Female Athletes 2018” published by Forbes.
- Dane Caroline Wozniacki, who captured her maiden grand slam title at Australian Open 2018, was second on the list with combined earnings of ($13 million). Indian badminton playerV. Sindhu was at seventh placewith earnings of $8.5 million.
- The Top 3 Highest Paid Female Athletes On The List Are:
- Serena Williams ($18.1 million),
- Dane Caroline Wozniacki ($13 million),
- Sloane Stephens ($11.2 million).
Warne’s Autobiography ‘No Spin’ To Come Out In October
- Spin legend Shane Warne will talk about his extraordinary cricketing career and his life off the pitch besides unveiling several unknown facts in his autobiography titled ‘No Spin’ which will be published in October 2018.
VVS Laxman Pens Autobiography ‘281 And Beyond’
- Veteran cricketer VVS Laxman,known for the suppleness of his wrists, has penned down his autobiography titled, “281 and Beyond”. The book will be released this year in November.
- The book will be released by the Westland Publications. The title has been borrowed from the Hyderabad stylist’s fabulous series-turning innings of 281 against Australia at the Eden Gardens in 2001.
Rahi Sarnobat 1st Indian Female Shooter To Win Asiad Gold
- Shooter Rahi Sarnobatwon the women’s 25m Pistol event at Asian Games 2018 in Indonesia. With this, she becomes the first ever Indian female shooter to win gold in the history of Asian Games.
Manu Bhaker who had won gold at Commonwealth Games 2018, finished sixth in the event. India has now two gold medals in shooting at the Asiad 2018.