Here is today’s daily GK Updates and Current Affairs of 7th September 2018. This post contains all National, International, Business and sports based current affairs on September 7th, 2018. We have given the daily GK and detailed explanation of current affairs to improve your GK levels. Once you come through these current affairs and try to attempt all bits correctly.
PM Inaugurates India’s 1st Global Mobility Summit
- PM Narendra Modi started the 1st India’s Global Mobility Summit namely MOVE, this MOVE is to promote Electric vehicles and shared mobility.
- This MOVE Summit will achieves 5 themed including electrification and alternative fuels, reinventing public transport, goods transport and logistics and data analytics plus mobility.
- The Summit was organised by two day by the Government think –tank Niti Aayog.
Heart Hazarika won gold medal in 10 meter air rifle
- India’s Heart Hazarika won a gold medal in International Shooting Sports Federation. It was shortly known as ISSF. He won the gold medal in 10 meter air rifle junior event.
- At the time Mohammed Amir from Iran won the silver medal and moreover Gregory Shamakov from Russia won a bronze medal.
- The Heart Hazarika is the only one to win the Men’s final.
BNS Somudra Joy arrived Visakhapatnam on a goodwill visit
- Bangladesh Naval Ship Somudra he arrived Vishakapatnam for a 4 day visit to Eastern Naval Command.
- This ship earlier visited in February 2016 in Vishakapatnam and participated in the International Fleet Review hosted by Indian Navy.
Facebook plans its first Asia data centre in Singapore
- The Facebook will invest more than $1 billion to build its first data centre in Asia in Singapore and it is planned to open in 2022. Facebook’s facility will be located in the west of the island.
- Facebook has a number of data centres in the United States as well as Ireland and Sweden, and it is building a facility in Denmark.
- The Singapore site would be its first to feature the StatePoint Liquid Cooling system, which was co-developed by Facebook and Nortek Air Solutions, and plans to minimise water and energy consumption.
6th Edition of Bengaluru Space Expo Inaugurated
- The 6th edition of the biennial Bengaluru Space Expo was inaugurated by ISRO Chairman Dr.K Sivan in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The three-day event showcased industry participation in Indian space programme.
India-Sri Lanka Joint Exercise SLINEX-2018 Begins in Sri Lanka
- Indian navy ships and aircraft have arrived in Sri Lanka to take part in the joint exercise SLINEX-2018 to be held with Sri Lankan navy at Trincomalee.
The exercise which was previously held biannually has been converted to an annual event from this year to enhance cooperation in the maritime domain and to further strengthen mutual trust and interoperability between the two navies.
Monetary Limit for Filing Cases In DRT Doubled To Rs 20 Lakh
- The government of India has doubled the monetary limit to 20 lakh rupees for filing loan recovery application in the Debt Recovery Tribunals (DRT) by banks and financial institutions.
ISSF World Championship: Saurabh Chaudhary Clinches Gold
- India’s Saurabh Chaudhary continued his brilliant run of form as he clinched the 10 metres Air Pistol Junior gold at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Shooting World Championship in Changwon, South Korea.
- The 16-year-old produced an impressive show in the final to clinch the gold with a new junior world record. Arjun Singh Cheema claimed bronze in the same event.