Most of the students have been appearing for a lot of upcoming examinations. We thought of helping you by giving out daily current affairs quiz on banking, insurance and other examinations that will boost up your mind and prepares for the various exams and it helps to crack a lot of examinations. The current affairs and quiz contains mainly excepted questions which matches with the exam pattern for the Government job exams and bank exams. We pushed the current affairs and daily GK update of 6th September 2018 and check the preparation level. By checking the current Affairs today you may also check the yesterdays Current Affairs bits and try to attempt 20 bits correctly.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana to Be Open-Ended Scheme with More Incentives
- The Government has decided to make thePradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) an open-ended scheme and added more incentives to encourage people to open bank accounts. The Finance Minister Arun Jaitley stated that the overdraft facility has been doubled from Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 10,000 under the Yojana.
- The age limit for availing overdraft facility under it has also been revised to 18 to 65 years from the earlier 18 to 60 years. The accidental insurance cover for new RuPay Cardholders has been raised from Rs. one lakh to Rs. two lakh.
Homosexuality Not A Crime In India Anymore: SC Abolishes Section 377
- The Supreme Court abolished Section 377of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the 1862 law which criminalised homosexuality.
- The Delhi High Court had decriminalised homosexuality in 2009, but the decision was overturned by the Supreme Court in 2013. According to Section 377, consensual sexual acts are also considered unnatural and are punishable.
India-US Hold Maiden 2+2 Talks In New Delhi
- India and the USheld the first edition of the two-plus-two talks in New Delhi. The meeting was aimed at further strengthening bilateral defence and security collaboration as well as boosting their global strategic partnership, particularly in the Indo-Pacific region.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman held talks with US Secretary of State Michael R Pompeoand Defence Secretary James Mattis.
India-US 2+2 Dialogue: India-US Sign COMCASA
- India and UShave signed the Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA) that will facilitate India to obtain critical defence technologies from the US, and access critical communication network to ensure interoperability among the US and the Indian armed forces.
Telangana Cabinet Passes Resolution to Dissolve Legislative Assembly
- The Telangana Cabinetpassed a resolution calling for the dissolution of the Telangana Legislative Assembly. The state’s Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao had convened the meeting of his Council of Ministers to dissolve the Legislative Assembly and seek fresh elections six months ahead of schedule.
- The CM submitted a one-line resolution of the cabinet dissolving the assembly to the state’s Governor ESL Narasimhan immediately after the meeting.
Dr Poonam Singh Nominated For 2nd Term As Regional Director WHO South-East Asia
- India retained the top WHO position in South-East Asia Region with Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh unanimously re-elected asRegional Director for another five-year term beginning February 2019.
- Dr Singh is the first woman to have been elected to the position of Regional Director for WHO South-East Asia Region after an illustrious career in the Indian civil service, World Bank and WHO.
Indian Boxer Mary Kom Signed As Brand Ambassador By BSNL
- State-run telecom firm Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL)roped in Indian boxer MC Mary Kom as its brand ambassador for two years. BSNL will run television commercials, print advertisements and tariff plan endorsement with Kom.
Gujarati Author and Journalist Bhagwati Kumar Sharma Passes Away
- Bhagwati Kumar Sharma, notedGujarati language author and poet passed away in Surat at the age of 84 years.
- Some of his novels include ‘Aarti ane Angara’ published in 1957, ‘Man Nahi Mane’ in 1962, ‘Rikta’ in 1968, ‘Vyaktamadhya’ in 1970, ‘Samaydvip’ in 1974 and ‘Urdhvamool’ in 1981.