Here in this website, we mentioned the Daily GK Current Affairs of 5th September 2018. Citizens who are appearing for the Banking Exams, Government Exam and Upcoming Bank exam can prepare by viewing this Current Affairs and Daily GK updates of 5th September 2018. A lot of students had been participating in the bank exams for those students we are helping to bring out the Daily GK Updates and present Current Affairs today 5th September 2018. Make sure to attempt all the questions correctly. You may also check the yesterday GK Updates and try to keep maximum bits correctly.
Manoj Sinha Inaugurates Conference on ‘E-Mobility in Indian Railways’
- A Conference on “E-Mobility in Indian Railways” organized by Ministry of Railways through Institution of Railways Electrical Engineers (IREE) in association with NITI Aayog concluded in New Delhi.
- The one-day conference was inaugurated by the Minister of State of Communication (I/C) and Minister of State of Railways, Shri Manoj Sinha. It was a precursor to the “Move: Global Mobility Summit” to be organized by NITI Aayog.
Government Approved Proposal to Increase Wages of Artisans by Over 36%
- The Union Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) approved a proposal by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)to increase the wages of artisans by over 36%.
- With this, the wages will be increased from Rs 5.50 per hank previously to Rs 7.50 per hank. This proposal for an increase in wages to Khadi spinners, along with payment of government subsidy Modified Market Development Assistance (MMDA), will be implemented.
Suresh Prabhu Launches Technology Initiatives for Coffee Stakeholders
- Minister for Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhulaunched Coffee Connect – India coffee field force app and Coffee KrishiTharanga – digital mobile extension services for coffee stakeholders at a function in New Delhi.
- The mobile app Coffee Connect has been developed to ease the work of field functionaries and to improve the work efficiency. The Coffee KrishiTharanga services are aimed at providing customized information and services to increase productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability.
Arif Alvi elected new Pakistan president
- Arif Alvi (69-year) defeated Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) candidate Aitzaz Ahsan and Maulana Fazl Ur Rehman (Pakistan Muslim League-N nominee) to become the 13th president of Pakistan (take the oath of the office on September 9.)
- Alvi received 212 votes of the 430 votes cast via a secret ballot in the National Assembly and Senate.
5th September: National Teachers’ Day
- Every year the Teacher’s Day will be celebrated on September 5th.
- The day we celebrated and former president Bharat Ratna Dr. Sarvepalli Radha
- He was India’s 1st vice and Second President of India.
- Venkaiah Naidu a Vice President he gave a National Awards to the best 45 teachers in New Delhi for the Teacher’s Day Function.
- These 45 Awards was given to the middle & Secondary school teachers.
- These Awards are instituted in 1958 silver medal, and 50,000/-
Indo-Kazakhstan Joint Exercise KAZIND 2018
- From September 10th to 23rd, 2018 the “KAZIND” an Indo-Kazakhstan Joint Exercise will be held between 2 countries named Otar Region, Kazakhstan.
- It was the 3rd time in the Joint Exercise between 2 countries.
International Day of Charity: 5 September
- On September 5th the International Day of Charity was observed globally.
- The aim of this International Charity is to recognize the role of charity to the poor people and individuals such as Mother Teresa.
HDFC ERGO Makes Cyber Insurance Personal With Launch of ‘E@Secure’
- HDFC ERGO, India’s third-largest non-life insurance provider in the private sector, announced the launch of ‘E@Secure’, a Cyber Insurance Policy for individuals.
- This policy aims at providing comprehensive protection to individuals and their families against any cyber-attacks, cyber frauds or digital threats that could lead to a financial loss and or reputational loss.
Sanctioned Rs 335 Crore to West Bengal in August: NABARD
- NABARD sanctions 335 crores to the West Bengal under RIDF. RIDF is a full form of Rural Infrastructure Development Fund.
- This RIDF Fund has given in August and it will be used for 158 minor irrigation and 123 flood irrigation projects.
RP Singh Announces Retirement From International Cricket
- Indian Pacer RP Singh announced his retirement from International Cricket, exactly 13 years after making his international debut.
The 32-year-old, who was a part of India’s 2007 World T20-winning team, played 82 international matches and picked up over 100 wickets between 2005 and 2011.