Here in this website we mentioned the Daily GK Current Affairs of September 1st, 2018. Citizens who are appearing for the Banking Exams, Government Exam and Upcoming Bank exam can prepare by viewing this Current Affairs and Daily GK updates of 1st September 2018. A lot of students had been participating for the bank exams for those students we are helping to bring out the Daily GK Current Affairs today 1st September 2018. Make sure to attempt all the questions correctly. You may also check the yesterday GK Updates and try to keep maximum bits correctly.
Prime Minister Launches India Post Payments Bank
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a payments bank of the Department of Poststhat will take banking to the doorstep of every citizen through an unmatched network of post offices and almost 3 lakh postmen and ‘Grameen Dak Sewaks’.
- The India Post Payments Bank (IPPB)will be like any other banks but its operations will be on a smaller scale without involving any credit risk. It will carry out most banking operations like accepting deposits but won’t advance loans or issue credit cards.
Amit Panghal wins gold in Boxing at Asian Games 2018
- Indian boxer Amit Panghal (22-year) has won the gold medal in Men’s 49kg category at Asian Games 2018.
- He beats reigning Olympic champion Hasanboy Dusmatov (Uzbekistan).
Sakshi Choudhary clinches the gold medal at World Youth Boxing in Budapest
- Former junior world champion boxer ‘Sakshi Choudhary’ has won the gold at the World Youth Boxing in Budapest in the 57-kilogram category.
- She beat Nikolina Cacic (Croatia).
- Manisha and Anamika settled for silver medals in the 64 kg and 51 kg categories.
AYUSH Minister Inaugurates 4th International Ayurveda Congress at Netherlands
- Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naikinaugurated the Fourth International Ayurveda Congress (IAvC) at the Netherlands.
- The congress would focus on promotion and propagation of Ayurveda in the Netherlands and its neighbouring countries of Europe. A special Seminar is also organized by the Indian Embassy titled “India-Netherlands collaboration in Healthcare, including Ayurveda”.
4th BIMSTEC Summit Concludes
- The 4th BIMSTEC Summit has been successfully concluded inKathmandu, the capital of Nepal.
The Prime Minister of Nepal K.P. Sharma Oli presented draft Kathmandu declaration which was unanimously adopted by the all member states.
SBI Hikes Benchmark Lending Rate By 0.2%
- Home, auto and other loans would become costlier as the country’s largest lender, State Bank of India, has increased its benchmark lending rate or MCLR by 0.2%, a development followed by other lenders. The new rates are effective with immediate effect.
- SBI has increased the lending rate by 20 basis points across all tenors up to three years. Now SBI’s overnight and one-month tenor marginal cost of funds based lending rate (MCLR) stands at 8.1% as against 7.9%.
GDP Growth Soars To 8.2% In 1st Quarter Of Current Fiscal
- Indian economy grew by 8.2%in the first quarter (April-June) of the current fiscal, the highest in over two years. This announcement was made by Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley. The manufacturing sector grew by 13.5% which signals very good turnaround in the sector.
- In a related development Reserve Bank of India stated Non-food credit growth in the system accelerated to 10.6% for Julyas compared to previous year, driven by loans to the services sector growing at the faster clip.
Amit Panghal Wins Gold in Boxing
- India’s 22-year-old boxerAmit Panghal defeated 2016 Olympic champion Hasanboy Dusmatov (Uzbekistan) in the men’s 49kg final to bag gold at the Asian Games 2018.
- Amit was the only Indian boxer who made it to a final at the quadrennial event.
Pranab, Shibnath Wins India’s 1st Ever Bridge Gold
- India’s 60-year-old Pranab Bardhan and 56-year-old Shibnath Sarkar won the men’s pair bridge event to bag the country’s first-ever gold in bridge at the Asian Games.
- The card game has been featured as a sport at the Asian Games for the first time, in the 2018 edition. China won silver in this event.
Jain Muni Tarun Sagar Passes Away
- Jain Muni Tarun Sagarpassed away at the age of 51 in Delhi’s Radhapuri Jain temple due to prolonged illness.
The monk, who was known for his lecture series ‘Kadve Pravachan’, was suffering from jaundice and other ailments.