Dear Aspirants, here we have given the daily GK Current Affairs of 17th September 2018. The students who are going for the upcoming bank exams we pushed the current affairs and daily GK updates here. Stay here with the updated current news. The students who are going for the government jobs, banking exams and other any competitive exams could use this Daily GK Current affair to increase your knowledge levels.
India tourism Mart 2018
- The 1st ever Indian Tourism Mart 2018 has inaugurated by the Piyush Goyal.
- Over the 225 international buyers and media personnel across the world has been participated in the Indian Tourism Mart. The International buyers & other media personnel such as North America, West Europe, Asia, Latin America, etc.
Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System
- In Jammu & Kashmir Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the fencing project along with the international border.
- With the smart fencing the casualities of jawans would get minimised and stress also reduced to the large extents.
‘Swacch Dhara’ programme
- Chandrababu Naidu has inducted the ‘Swachh Dhara’ programme at Amravati.
- The aim of Swacch Dhara is to clean Drinking water across the State.
Kashi: Secret of the Black Temple – A book
- A famous Secret of the Black Temple was written by Vineet Bajpai
- This famous book was launched in New Delhi
- Kashi: Secret of the Black Temple Bokk was the 3rd book written by the Vineeth Bajpai
- First two books named as below…
- Harappa: Curse of the Blood River
- Pralay: The great Deluge
Overseas Jaipur Literature Festival
- Jaipur Literature Festival was organized in Houston, Texas, United States.
- Shashi Tharoor and Navtej Sarna(Indian ambassador to the US) participated in the festival.
‘Credit Suisse Family 1000 in 2018’ – A study
- to report, India was ranked 3rd in terms of the number of family-owned business.
- The report is published by Credit Suisse Research Institute (CSRI).
Pacific Asia Travel Association gold awards
- Kerala Tourism has won Gold awards of Pacific Asia Travel Association for the innovative marketing campaigns.
- Kerala: Capital: Thiruvananthapuram, Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
Sudan’s new PM
- Moutaz Mousa Abdallah has become Sudan’s new Prime Minister.
- Capital: Khartoum, Currency: Sudanese pound
Times magazine has been sold
- Time magazine has acquired by Salesforce founders Marc Benioff and his wife Lynne for $190 million.
- Time is an American weekly news magazine and news website published in New York City. It was founded in 1923 and originally run by Henry Luce. A European edition is published in London.
NABARD with PMKSY
- NABARD has sanctioned Rs 65,634.93 crore loan so far under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY).
- NABARD: Chairman – Harsh Kumar Bhanwala || Headquarters – Mumbai
Cisco with NITI Aayog and BSNL
- Cisco has signed MOU with BSNL and Niti Aayog for innovation and technology.
- CISCO: CEO Chuck Robbins || Headquarters: California, USA.
Rajbhasha Kirti Award
- Punjab National Bank was awarded Rajbhasha Kirti Award which is presented by VP Venkaiah Naidu.
- PNB : Headquarters: New Delhi || CEO: Shri Sunil Mehta || Tagline: The Name you can BANK upon!
SAFF Championship 2018
- India lost 1-2 to the Maldives in the final at the Bangabandhu National Stadium Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- South Asian Football Federation: Founded – 1997 || President – Kazi Salahuddin
ISSF World Championship has concluded
- The 52nd ISSF World Championship was held in Changwon,Korea.
- India finished at 3rd with 27 Medals(11 gold, 9 silver, 7 bronze).
- China has topped tally by winning 43 medals(20 gold, 15 silver, 8 bronze).
Silesian Boxing Championship
- Mary Kom clinched gold in the 13th International Silesian Women’s Boxing Championships, Poland.
- Mary Kom, is an Indian Olympic boxer hailing from Manipur. She is a five-time World Amateur Boxing champion, and the only woman boxer to have won a medal in each one of the six world championships.