Dear Aspirants, here we have given the daily GK Current Affairs of 16th September 2018. The students who are going for the upcoming bank exams we pushed the current affairs and daily GK updates here. Stay here with the updated current news. The students who are going for the government jobs, banking exams and other any competitive exams could use this Daily GK Current affair to increase your knowledge levels.
International Day for Preservation of Ozone Layer observed today
- On September 16th the International Day for Preservation Ozone Layer has been observed. This Ozone layer has been protected the Earth and Harmful UV Radiation.
- This year 2018 the main Theme of the day is Caring for all Life under the Sun.
September 16 – International Red Panda Day (IRPD)
- Red panda is a mammal slightly larger than a domestic cat and feeds on the bamboo.
- The commemoration of the International Red Panda Day is a way to promote and encourage people save these adorable beings as they are being listed under endangered species.
23rd Meeting of India-Russia Intergovernmental Commission Held In Moscow
- Sushma Swaraj an External Affairs Minister to visit Moscow in Russia for 2 days. At the time of visiting the place she attended the 23rd India- Russia Inter Governmental Commission on Technical & Economic Cooperation meeting in Russia.
Former Indian Hockey Captain Sardar Singh Announces Retirement
- Sardar Singh declared the Retirement from the Hockey. Whenever in the Asian Games at that time our Inida Failed at that time he won a Bronze medal.
- He was 32 years old. He was the most senior against Pakistan in the year 2006. He played over 350 matcjes in International Level and he was the captain for 8 years.
Minister for Minority Affairs Launched ‘National Scholarship Portal Mobile App’
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi a Minority Affairs Minister launched a National Scholarship Mobile App in Delhi.
- It was the 1st National Scholarship Mobile App in New Delhi.
- This national Scholarship Mobile app will be accessed very smoothly for the students who are in backward categories.
BEML launched India’s first 205T Electric Drive Rear Dump Truck
- India’s 1st 205T Electric powered Generate Rear Dump Truck (Product BH205-E), made and produced by Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) was flagged off recently. The dump truck which weighs 335 tonnes when fully loaded, was produced by Mysuru plant of BEML to boost ‘Make in India’ initiative.
Cabinet approves 4 New National Institutes of Design
- PM Modi approves the amendament of National Institutes Design in 2014. Under this act the approval for the introduction in parliament of 4 institutions. The 4 instituitons named Amaravati/Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh; Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh; Jorhat, Assam; Kurukshetra, Haryana.