Dear Aspirants, here we have given the daily GK Current Affairs of 15th September 2018. The students who are going for the upcoming bank exams we pushed the current affairs and daily GK updates here. Stay here with the updated current news. The students who are going for the government jobs, banking exams and other any competitive exams could use this Daily GK Current affair to increase your knowledge levels.
Engineer’s Day: 15 September
- On September 15th we all celebrated as Engineers Day because Mokshagundam Visvesvarayas Birthday so on that we collaborate the Engineers Day on 15th He was the civil engineer of the world renowned of master of irrigation design.
- Most of the projects named in Karnataka Krishna Raja Sagara Lake and dam, and in 1924 he designed a largest reservoir in India.
Festival of Nuakhai being celebrated in Odisha
- Every year Nuakhai is being celebrated in Odisha. This festival will be celebrated by the Western Odisha by the festival they will prepare different types of food items from the newly produced crop.
- On that festival all the people can say greetings with their friends, relatives and well wishers also.
PM Launches Swachhata Hi Seva Movement
- PM launches a new moment namely Swachhata Hi Seva Moment for the nationwide. This moment is to catalyse the Bapus Dream of clean of India.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the new scheme named “Swachhata Hi Seva Movement” to mark the Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi 150th
- This mission takes place on 4th anniversary until the Mahatma Gandhiji’s 150th
International Day of Democracy: 15 September
- On September 15th the International Day of Democracy was being observed globally. The main theme of this International day of Democracy is for Solutions for Change the world.
- It enhances the opportunity to view the state of Democracy in the world.
Wholesale inflation drops to four-month low of 4.53% in August
- Inflation based on wholesale prices eased to a four-month low of 53%in August on softening of prices of food articles, especially vegetables. The Wholesale Price Index-based inflation stood at 5.09% in July and 3.24% in August last year.
- Data released by the commerce and industry ministry showed a 04%decline inflation in food articles in August compared with a 2.16% fall in July. The wholesale price index is an index that measures and tracks the changes in the price of goods in the stages before the retail level.
RBI to Buy G-Secs in Open Market
- On September 19th the RBI is going to purchse the G-Secs for the worth of 10,000 crores. The aim for this G-Secs is to inducing Liquidity in the system. These purchases will be done at the Open Market Operations.
- At the same time alternatively the Liquidity is tight position they will buy from the Securities market form ths it will increases in the market for the Liquidity.
RBI Released India’s Foreign Trade: August 2018
- India’s overall exports (Merchandise and Services combined) in April-August 2018-19 (as per the RBI Press Release) are estimated to be USD 221.83 Billion, exhibiting a positive growth of 20.70% over the same period last year.
Overall imports in April-August 2018-19 are estimated to be USD 269.54 Billion, exhibiting a positive growth of 21.01% over the same period last year.
Former Indian Hockey Captain Sardar Singh Announces Retirement
- Sardar Singh declared the Retirement from the Hockey. Whenever in the Asian Games at that time our Inida Failed at that time he won a Bronze medal.
- He was 32 years old. He was the most senior against Pakistan in the year 2006. He played over 350 matcjes in International Level and he was the captain for 8 years.