This post contains Daily GK Current Affairs for 10th August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of August 10th 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge.
- World Biofuel Day: August 10
- August 10th is the day of World Biofuels. This day is celebrated be every year in the 10th August by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. Every year to create awareness about the importance of fossil fuels.
- The government has given the approval to the national policy on biofuels in June 2018. 5 to 20% of Ethanol Mixture and biodiesel aims to reach the location.
- SBI launches digital transaction initiative MOPAD
- SBI launched the digital transaction initiative MOPAD to promote online transaction.
- MOPAD is a full form of Multi Option Payment Acceptance Device.
3. Justice Rajendra Menon takes charge as Chief Justice of Delhi
- Lt Governor Anil Baijal administered the oath of office to Justice Rajendra Menon in a ceremony held at the Raj Niwas in Delhi.
- Earlier, He was the Chief Justice of Patna High Court (in March 2017).
- Acting Chief Justice Gita Mittal has been elevated as the Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court.
- Policy Commission hosted the conference of investors in Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep archipelago.
- Policy Commission has made to the overall development of the respective islands with the UT administration Diaspora Centre hosted investor conference. Inaugurated Policy Commission CEO, Amitabh Kant did.
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the ‘One District One Product’ Summit
- Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow the President of India Ramnath Kovind inaugurated the summit namely One District One Product. Special emphasis was placed on micro, small & medium enterprises. After the agricultural sector, in this area most people get employment.
- Under this scheme, the government owned a target of providing employment to 2.5 million in 5 years through financial assistance of 25,000 crores.
6. Rekha Sharma appointed the chairperson of NCW
· A 54-year women named Rekha Sharma has been appointed for the National Commission for Women (NCW). She was the member and appointed as a chairperson of NCW.
· In 2017 September she was the member of the commission and holding the additional charge of chairperson after Lalitha Kumaramangalam.
7. Mobile wallet transactions hit record Rs.14,632 Crore in June
· According to the RBI through Mobile Wallet the transactions made a record and touched 14,632/- crores in June.
· In the month of May, the data is showed 4.2% from 14,047 crores.
· The number of transactions increased from May to June.
- Google launches Q & A App App Chem, a video related to celebrities
- Google has launched a mobile app Q & A app cameos on the app store. This app allows people to questions and answers your selves and then shares the answers directly with Google.
- The main theme of the app is best used for celebrates and other public figures which are often subjected of Google services.
- HSBC launches online platform ‘My Deal’ to raise funds through capital markets
- Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation( HSBC ) have launched a new digital platform ‘My Deal’ to simplify the process of raising the capital through capital markets by providing real-time access to information such as feedback from investors, profiles, customer orders and deal pricing. ‘Is
- Neeraj Chopra Indian flag bearer at the Asian Games 2018 Opening Ceremony
- Bhalafang player Neeraj Chopra will be the flag bearer for the Indian team at the inaugural Asian Games 2018. The 20-year-old has won gold at the World Junior Championships, Asian Championship, South Asian Games and Commonwealth Games in his career so far.
11. NITI Aayog hosts Investors’ Conference
- NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant has inaugurated the investor’s conference at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra for the Holistic Development of Islands.
- It will attract investment for the sustainable development of eco-tourism projects in Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep islands.
12. TRAI chairman R.S. Sharma gets two years extension
- The Union government has extended the term of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) chairman Ram Sewak Sharma (Indian Administrative Service -1978 batch) for two years.
- As per the government notification, he will remain in the post till 30th September 2020 (when he turns 65 years).