Most of the students have been participating a vast of your upcoming examinations. We thought of helping you by giving out daily current affairs quiz on banking, insurance and other examinations that will boost up your mind and prepares for the various exams and it helps to crack a lot of examinations. The current affairs and quiz contain mainly excepted questions which match with the exam pattern for the Government job exams and bank exams. We pushed the current affairs quiz August 5th, 2018 and check the preparation level. By checking the current Affairs today you may also check the yesterdays Current Affairs Quiz and try to attempt 20 bits correctly.
Delhi replaces Gujarat to top ‘most investor-friendly’ destination list
- Delhi replaces Gujarat to top ‘most investor-friendly’ destination list
- “No Horn” campaign launched in Shimla, Manali
- Telangana, Tech Mahindra ink MoU for India’s first Blockchain district
- RBI bars Fino Payments Bank from enroling new customers
- France’s IDEMIA gets NPCI stamp for RuPay cards
- ‘Umbrella Organisation’ to revive Urban Co-op Banking
- India elected president of Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development
Delhi has toppled Gujarat from the top spot in a list of 21 states and union territories with the most investment potential, according to a report by economic think-tank NCAER.
- Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Haryana, Maharashtra, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, and West Bengal followed by National Capital.
- 20 states and 1 Union Territory was ranked and was based on 6 pillars land, labor, Infrastructure, Business perceptions.
“No Horn” campaign launched in Shimla, Manali
Jai Ram Thakur a Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh had launched a program named No Horn. Apart from that, he establishes a statewide mobile app named Shoor Nahin.
The Jai Ram Thakur said that the state is well known for Healthy and Pleasant Climate and he also said the state has peaceful Environment.
He also said that playing Horn is not only causing Noise pollution and it is very harmful to Health also.
Telangana, Tech Mahindra ink MoU for India’s first Blockchain district
The Government of Telangana and Tech Mahindra combined and signed an agreement to publish the Blockchain District
RBI bars Fino Payments Bank from enroling new customers
- The central bank in its auditing of payments banks in May found Fino Payments non-compliant with the operational guidelines laid down by it.
- According to RBI’s operating guidelines for payments banks, a customer can make deposits of up to Rs 1 lakh per account in a year.
- Such banks cannot accept deposits beyond this limit.
France’s IDEMIA gets NPCI stamp for RuPay cards
French company IDEMIA, a global leader in augmented identity, said it has become the first company to be given the certification to manufacture and personalize RuPay chip contact and contactless cards on the qSPARC v2 platform.
- The qSPARC is a dual interface open loop payment specification, with the option of loading multiple payment applications on a single card.
‘Umbrella Organisation’ to revive Urban Co-op Banking
India’s co-operative banking sector is set to undergo a transformation with the concept of Umbrella Organisation (UO) of Urban Co-operative Banks (UCBs) seen as an answer to issues plaguing the sector.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed non-fund-based umbrella organizations at State levels, where respective State federations will take the lead.
- Gujarat is the first State in the country to have an UO for the UCB sector.
India elected president of Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development
India has been elected as the President of the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) for a period of two years.
- India got elected against Iran during voting which took place at the 44th annual gathering of AIBD in Colombo.
- Director General of All India Radio F. Sheheryar was re-elected as chair of the executive board while Sri Lanka was elected as vice-chair.