Many of the students have been preparing for lot of banking exams, government jobs, etc and so on. We suggested you that Daily GK Current Affairs of 31st August and current affairs quiz helps to improve your energy levels and lot of knowledge to boost up your preparation levels. Make sure to attempt all the questions which we have given in the current affairs on 31st august 2018 and check your preparation level.
ICAR Organizes 2-Day Conference on Motivating & Attracting Youth in Agriculture
- In order to meet the challenge of providing sustainable livelihoods for a rapidly growing population and to motivate and attract youth in agriculture, Trilochan Mohapatra, Secretary (DARE) & Director General (ICAR), inaugurated a two-day conference at NASC, New Delhi on Motivating and Attracting Youth in Agriculture (MAYA).
- The two-day conference provides an opportunity to all stakeholders to interact and discuss various options and avenues for not only attracting youth to agriculture but even motivating them towards entrepreneurship in agriculture and allied fields.
Swapna Barman, 1st Indian Heptathlete to Win Gold In Asian Games
- Swapna Barman has become the 1st Indian Heptathlete to won the Asian Games in Indonesia. She created a history in the Asian Games. She got the gold medal in Asian Games for Heptathletes.
- Swapna Barman has 21 years old and logged 6026 score from the 7 events for 2 days. En route the title, she won high jump (1003 Points) and javelin throw (872 points) the second-best shot put with 707 points and long jump she scored 865 points.
Indian Railways And GAIL Sign MoU For Use Of Natural Gas in Railway Workshops
- In order to replace Industrial gases like Dissolved Acetylene, LPG, BMCG and Furnace Oil High-Speed Diesel (HSD) oil with environment friendly Natural Gas, Indian Railways has signed a MoU with GAIL (India) Limited,to provide infrastructure facilities for supply of Natural Gas to Indian Railways Workshops, Production Units and Depots at Rail Bhavan.
- This MoU is a broad-based, in principle agreement, between GAIL and Indian Railways for the creation of infrastructure and supply of CNG/LNG/PNG for both industrial and domestic purposes.
NITI Aayog Kickstarts Action On MOVE: India’s 1st Global Mobility Summit 2018
- NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Dr. Rajiv Kumar, and Chief Executive Officer Amitabh Kant,unveiled a series of events to take place in the ‘Mobility Week’ from 31 August to 6 September 2018, in the run-up to MOVE: The Global Mobility Summit 2018 on 7 and 8 September 2018 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
The Summit will be inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
HRD Ministry Introduces ‘Atal Ranking’ For Institutions
- To promote a culture of innovation and research in higher education, thehuman resource development (HRD) ministry launched the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARRIA), Union minister Prakash Javadekar announced.
Indian Naval Ship Sahyadri Reaches Australia For Exercise KAKADU 2018
- Johnson clocked 3:44.72 sec to claim the top honours ahead of Iran’s Amir Moradi, who turned in a timing of 3:45.62sec, his season’s best effort. Johnson earlier won a silver in the 800m event.
Women’s 4x400m Relay Team Wins Gold
- India won gold in the women’s 4X400 metre event.
The Indian quartet of Hima Das, Raju Poovamma, Saritaben Laxmanbhai Gayakwad and Vismaya Koroth registered a time of 3 minutes and 28.72 seconds to finish at the top of the podium. India clinched the silver medal in the men’s 4X400 metre event.
Balesh Sharma Appointed Vodafone Idea’s 1st CEO
- Balesh Sharma takes over as Vodafone Idea’s first CEO. He was the Chief Operating Officer of Vodafone India and a member of its executive committee.
- Sharma holds degrees in Mechanical Engineering and MBA (Marketing and Finance) from the University of Rajasthan.
Asian Games 2018: Jinson Johnson Wins Gold in Men’s 1500m Event
- India’s Jinson Johnson claimed the gold medalin the men’s 1500m event in the Asian Games 2018 in Jakarta, Indonesia. Manjit Singh, 800m champion, however, finished fourth.