Here today in this post we discussed Daily GK Current Affairs of 9th August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports related current affairs of 9th August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs you to try bits correctly.
- Important Cabinet Approval: August 9, 2018
- PM Narendra Modi as a chairmanship, the union cabinet has some important cabinet approvals. They are
- The cabinet has approved
- In the November 2018 approval of expansion for the period of the commission to examine the issue of subclassification of OBCs in the central list.
- Harivansh Narayan Singh elected as Deputy Chairperson of Rajya Sabha
- Harivansh Narayan Singh elected as a Deputy Chairperson of Rajya Sabha against the B K Hari Prasad (Joint opposition candidate).
- He got 125 votes whereas Hari Prasad got 105 votes
- In this year July 1st, 2018 the last Deputy Chairperson of Rajya Sabha was Prof P J Kurien.
- Signing MoU between TRIFED and National Medicinal Plants Board
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited(TRIFED) and National Medicinal Plants Board, AYUSH Ministry have signed a Memorandum of Understanding in the Ministry of Tribal
The objective of MOU is to promote the medicinal and aromatic plants (MAP) forests produced for the livelihood development of tribals by promoting primary level value addition to the MAP produced from the forest area at the grassroots.
4. S Gopakumar appointed Director and General Manager in UIIC
· United India Insurance Company (UIIC) has been appointed the S Gopakumar as its director and general manager with immediate effect.
· Earlier, Gopakumar was serving GIC Housing Finance Ltd as its Managing Director (MD)and Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
5. Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu launches Mobile App ‘Export Friend’
- Suresh Prabhu launched the Mobile App “Export Friend” in New Delhi. This app is developed by the FIOO and it is available for both Android and IOS Platforms.
- This app provides complete information need for the international trade with import & export GST rates, tariff, market access and etc.
6. International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples observed today
- The International Day of the World’s Indigenous People is observed on 9th August each year to promote and protect the rights of the world’s indigenous population.
- This year’s the day is devoted to the right to education.
- RBI will provide a dividend of Rs 50,000 crore to the government for the financial year 2018
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will transfer 50,000 crores of additional funds to the government, the highest since 2015-16, is a small one for the struggling public sector banks
- The transfer will give the government more support to the government for imposing capital among its banks. In October 2017, the government had said that it will invest 2.11 trillion rupees through a mixture of refinancing bonds (Rs 1.35 trillion) in public sector banks, budget allocation (Rs 18,000 crore) and market borrowing (Rs 58,000 crore) directly from the infusion of the infusion.
8. The nation celebrates the 76th anniversary of Quit India Movement
- The nation is celebrating the 76th anniversary of the Quit India Movement.
- The Quit India Movement was an important milestone in the Indian freedom struggle.