Dear Aspirants, here we have given the daily GK Current Affairs of 29th August 2018. The students who are going for the upcoming bank exams we pushed the current affairs and daily GK updates here. Stay here with the updated current news. The students who are going for the government jobs, banking exams and other any competitive exams could use this Daily GK Current affair to increase your knowledge levels.
National Sports Day: 29 August
- On 29th August we celebrate the National Sports day because it was the day of Legendary Hockey Player Dhyan Chand Birthday
- PM Modi greeted for all the sports persons and he concluded that every year it has been great for the sporting fraternity with Indian Athletes in various Tournaments including Asian Games and other common wealth Games.
Briefly about Dhyan Chnad Life:
- Legendary Hockey Player Dhyan Chand was raised on 29th August 1905 in Uttar Pradesh.
- At the age of 16 years he started playing Hockey
- He is widely considered as the greatest field hockey player of all time
- He was famously known as ‘The Wizard’ for his superb ball control and had scored more than 1000 goals during his international career.
India and World Bank Sign 300 million dollar Loan Agreements
- The Central government and the World Bankhave signed 300 million dollar loan agreements for India Energy Efficiency Scale up Programme. They signed 220 million dollar Loan Agreement and an 80 million Guarantee Agreement for the Efficiency Scale-Up Program.
- The Program, to be implemented by the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL),will help scale-up the deployment of energy saving measures in residential and public sectors, strengthen EESL’s institutional capacity, and enhance its access to commercial financing.
World Bank to provide $250 million Loan to Rajasthan
- Rajasthan Union Government and World Bank signed as a USD 250 million Development Policy Loan to improve the electricity Distribution Sector under the state’s 24X7 power units for all the programmes.
- The loan from the World Bank’s International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), has a 3 year grace period and a maturity of 21 years.
Important Cabinet Approvals: 29th August 2018
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modihas given the following set of approvals. The important Cabinet Approvals are given as follows-
- The Cabinet has approved-
- Signing of MoU between India and Bulgariain the field of tourism,
Apprised of the MoU between India and Republic of Korea on the cooperation in the field of railways.
3rd Edition of World’s Biggest Open Innovation Model ‘Smart India Hackathon- 2019’ Launched
- The third edition of World’s Biggest Open Innovation Model – Smart India Hackathon 2019– was launched by the Union Minister for Human Resource Development, Prakash Javadekar in New Delhi.
MHRD, AICTE, Persistent Systems and i4c have joined hands to make a hat trick with their highly popular and innovative Smart India Hackathon initiative (SIH).
Government Constitutes New Science and Technology Council to Advice PM
- The Union Government has constituted a 21-member science and technology council to advise Prime Minister Narendra Modi on matters related to science, technology and innovations.
- The council will be headed by K Vijay Raghavan,the principal scientific adviser to the Union Government. The council has been named as Prime Minister’s Science Technology and Innovation Advisory Committee (PM-STIAC).
1st SAARC Agri Cooperative Business Forum Begins In Kathmandu
- The First South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)Agri Cooperative Business Forum has begun in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The theme of three-day Forum is the ‘Organizing and Strengthening Family Farmers’ Cooperatives to attain the Sustainable-Development-Goals-1 and 2 in South Asia’.
Asian Games 2018: Manjit Singh Wins Gold in 800m Race
- India’s 28-year-old sprinter Manjit Singhwon the gold medal in the men’s 800m event at the 2018 Asian Games, securing the ninth gold for the country.
- Another Indian sprinter Jinson Johnson, who is ranked first in Asia, won the silverat the event. Meanwhile, Dutee Chand secured herself a place in the women’s 200m finals, while Hima Das was disqualified.