- Srikrishna Report on Chanda Kochar expected in two months: says ICICI chairman
- Iran Unveils 1st Domestic Fighter Jet ‘Kowsar’
- RIL 1st Indian Company To Cross Rs 8 Trillion Market Capital
- Asian Games 2018: Rahi Sarnobat 1st Indian Female Shooter To Win Asiad Gold
- 4th BIMSTEC Summit to Be Held in Kathmandu
- Veteran Journalist Kuldip Nayar Passes Away
Here today in this post we discussed Daily GK Current Affairs of 23rd August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 23rd August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs you to try bits correctly.
PM Inaugurates Various Projects in Junagadh, Gujarat
- In Gujarat, Junagadh District the PM Modi inaugurated various types of projects. These projects include Government Civil Hospital, milk processing plant and some buildings of the Junagadh Agriculture University.
Arun Jaitley Resumes Charge As Finance And Corporate Affairs Minister
- After 3 months interval from the Kidney transplant surgery Arun Jaitley is back with the Finance Minister Union Minister
In Mr. Jaitley’s absence, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal was holding the additional charge of the Finance and Corporate Affairs portfolio.
Srikrishna Report on Chanda Kochar expected in two months: says ICICI chairman
- ICICI chairman GC Chaturvedi said the decision on the continuance of managing director and CEO Chanda Kochhar will be taken after the Justice B N Srikrishna panel report which is likely to be finalized in two months.
Iran Unveils 1st Domestic Fighter Jet ‘Kowsar’
· Iran unveiled its first domestic fighter jet named ‘KOWSAR’ with President Hassan Rouhani. The new “Kowsar” is a fourth-generation fighter shown at the National Defence Industry exhibition in Tehran. It was “100-percent indigenously made” for the first time.
RIL 1st Indian Company To Cross Rs 8 Trillion Market Capital
- The Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) became the first Indian company to cross Rs 8 trillion market capitalization after its shares surged nearly 37% in 2018.
RIL share prices rose 1.31% to hit a record high of Ra1,262.50, pegging its market cap at Rs8.01 trillion after data from the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) showed Reliance Jio continued to add subscribers at a healthy pace.
David Beckham to Receive 2018 UEFA President’s Award
· Former England captain David Beckham will receive the UEFA President’s Award for his contribution to football and promoting the sport in “every corner of the planet”.
Asian Games 2018: Rahi Sarnobat 1st Indian Female Shooter To Win Asiad Gold
· Shooter Rahi Sarnobat won the women’s 25m Pistol event at Asian Games 2018 in Indonesia. With this, she becomes the first ever Indian female shooter to win gold in the history of Asian Games.
4th BIMSTEC Summit to Be Held in Kathmandu
· The fourth Summit of Heads of State/Government of Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) will be held at Kathmandu in Nepal on August 30 and 31.
Veteran Journalist Kuldip Nayar Passes Away
- Kuldip Nayar an Indian Writer & Journalist passes away in New Delhi due to unhealthy. He was born in 1923. He was 95 years old.
- Beyond the Lines was the famous autobiography. He was the commissioner of India to UK and was member in Rajya Sabha.