Most of the aspirants have been participating for the banking exams and government jobs and upcoming examinations. For those people we thought of helping some daily GK Current affairs of 20th August 2018. These Current affairs will boost up your mind and improve your preparation levels. This Current affair consists of many expected questions along with the answers which connected to the exam paper for the upcoming bank exams and so on. People please try to attempt all bits correctly. You can also check the yesterdays daily GK Current Affairs from this website. Careers99 guides and provides the Daily GK Current affairs of 20th August 2018.
EAM Sushma Swaraj Inaugurates ‘Panini Language Laboratory’ in Mauritius
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute at Port Louis in Mauritius Sushma Swaraj an External Affairs Minister inaugurated ‘Panini Language laboratory’
- She was called the PM of Maruitius Paravind Kumar Jagnauth after discussed and depending between two nations.
Anti-Tank Guided Missile ‘HELINA’
- Anti-Tank Guided Missile named ‘HELINA’ from Pokhran was tested successfully by Indians.
- Guided bombs Smart Anti Airfield Weapon (SAAW) was also successfully flight tested in Jaisalmer Rajasthan.
All India Cotton Conference
- All India Cotton Conference was held in Bathinda.
- The conference was organised by Indian Cotton Federation and Indian Cotton Association, Bathinda.
FSSAI Constitutes B Sesikeran Committee To Review Food Labelling Standards
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)constituted a group of experts from the health and nutrition sector to look into the issue of food labelling.
- The expert panel will be headed by B Sesikeran. Mr Sesikeran is theformer director of National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) and comprises Hemalatha and Dr Nikhil Tandon.
Asiad 2018: Wrestler Vinesh bags historic gold
- Vinesh Phogat became the first Indian woman wrestler to win an Asian Games goldafter she defeated Japan’s Yuki Irie in the 50 kilogram women’s Freestyle
Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer in Cincinnati Masters final
- Novak Djokovicbeat Roger Federer 6-4 6-4 to win the Cincinnati Masters and become the first man to complete a career sweep of all nine 1000 Series titles.
Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award
- Gopalkrishna Gandhi is declared as the winner of Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award-2018.
- This is the 24th edition of Sadhavana Award.
World Photography Day
- World Photography Day was observed on 19th August.
- The aim is to inspire photographers across the planet to share single photo with world.
Face recognition to carry out Aadhaar Authentication
- UIDAI to roll-out of face recognition to carry out Aadhaar authentication from September 15, 2018
- The new feature ‘live face photo,’ is a live feed of person facial features
PepsiCo to buy Soda Stream
- The deal worth $3.2 billion.
- Soda Stream is Israel-based at-home carbonated drink-maker.