Here today in this post we discussed about Daily GK Current Affairs of 18th August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 18th August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs you to try bits correctly.
Asian Games begin in the Indonesian capital Jakarta
- In Indonesian the 18th edition of Asian Games kicks off in Jakarta.
- Indonesia is the capital of Jakarta, around 11,000 athletes are participating in 40 sports.
- 67 disciplines consists 28 Olympic, 4 new Olympics and 8 non Olympic sports.
- Nearly 4000 dancerhas been participated in that ceremony and Indonesian singers like Anggun, raisa & Tulus were participated in that ceremony.
11th World Hindi Conference begins in Mauritius
- 11th World Hindi Conference begins in Mauritius
- PTI Chief Imran Khan takes oath as 22nd PM of Pakistan
- Nandula Raghuram elected as Chair of International Nitrogen Initiative
- K S Srinivas appointed Chairman of Marine Products Export Development Authority
- Ibrahim Boubacar Keita re-elected Mali President
- Rajasthan to observe September as ‘month of nutrition’
· Praveen Kumar Jagannath a PM of Mauritius inaugurated the 11th world hindi conferece for the 3 days at Swami vivekanand international convention centre, Pailles.
· “Hindi Vishwa Aur Bharatiy Sanskriti” is the main theme of this conference.
· In 1975 the 1st world Hindi conference was held in Nagpur, India.
PTI Chief Imran Khan takes oath as 22nd PM of Pakistan
- Former cricketer & Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chief Imran Khan (65 years) has taken oath as the 22nd Prime Minister of the country.
- President Mamnoon Hussain administered the oath to Imran Khan at a ceremony held at the President House in Islamabad.
- Khan bagged 176 votes opponent and Chief of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Shehbaz Sharif managed to secure 96 votes.
Nandula Raghuram elected as Chair of International Nitrogen Initiative
- Indian scientist & academician Nandula Raghuram has been elected as the Chair of the International Nitrogen Initiative (INI).
- He will succeed Mark Sutton of the UK Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Edinburgh.
- Now, Raghuram becomes the first Indian and Asian to be elected to the Chair of INI.
K S Srinivas appointed Chairman of Marine Products Export Development Authority
· K S Srinivas Rao a IAS Officer appointer as a chairperson of Marine Products Export Development Authority
· He has serves as a joint Secretary in Department of Agriculture Cooperation and Farmers Welfare Ministry of Agriculture.
Ibrahim Boubacar Keita re-elected Mali President
- Malian President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita (73-year) has been re-elected for a five-year term after winning a landslide in a runoff ballot.
- Mali is a linchpin state in the jihadist insurgency raging in the Sahel.
Rajasthan to observe September as ‘month of nutrition’
· Rajasthan State will observe September as a ‘month of Nutrition’
· To generate awareness in the people who are living according to the Chief Minister of Rajasthan Vasundhara Raje observe September as a ‘Month of Nutrition’
· In the month of September the citizens who are living in the state will get milk daily and additional funds of 203 crore has been allocated.