Here is yours today GK Daily Current Affairs of 17th August 2018. The candidates who are going to participate in the upcoming exams like banking exams, government jobs etc. We are helping to bring out the daily GK Current Affairs of August 17th, 2018. Check the current affairs and questioning yourself and check your preparation level. You can also check the yesterday current affairs and attempt a maximum 20 bits correctly.
Ministry of Railways Launches Digital Screens To Spread Awareness about Indian Railways Heritage
- In the wake of Prime Minister’s vision for creating digital museums at stations using QR code, Ministry of Railway has made “digital screens”operational at 22 stations on this Independence Day as an innovative low-cost solution to spread awareness among the public about the opulent heritage of Indian Railways.
- The project aims at showcasing the legacy of Indian Railways through one to two-minute-long movie clips on digital LED screens at the entrance gate of railway stations and also at different comfort areas.
Ministry of Agriculture Proposes To UNFAO to Declare 2019 as ‘International Year of Millets’
- Radha Mohan a Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers singh to Jose Graziano da Silvato declare UNFAO (United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation) for the upcoming year of International Year of Millets.
24th World Congress of Philosophy Held in Beijing
- China, in Beijing the 24th World Congress of Philosophy was held. It was conducted by the International Federation of Philosophical Societies adn peeking University.
- The main theme is to Learning to be Human. This was the 1st time that the quinquennial event and it was held in China.
US Forms ‘Iran Action Group’ For Post-Nuclear Deal Policy
- US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo announced the formation of the Iran Action Group (IAG) to coordinate and run the country’s policy towards Iran.
- Pompeo has named Brian Hook, the State Department’s director of policy planning, as the group’s head. The aim behind the formation of IAG is to change the Iranian regime’s behaviour.
Qatar to Invest 15 billion in Turkey’s Financial Markets And Banks
- Qatar King Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thanihas pledged to make direct investment in Turkey and announced a 15-billion US dollar investment into the country’s financial markets and banks.
- The announcement came after holding talks with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Ankara. Turkey is currently grappling with a currency crisis and heightened tensions with the United States, its NATO ally.
Smitha V. Crishna Tops List of India’s Wealthiest Women
- Godrej family a third generation heir mis Smitha V. Crishna ranks first in the Kotak Walth Hurun Leading
- Her estimation is 37, 570 crores. Miss SMitha owns 1/5th of the Godrej group
- Roshni Nadar, CEO and executive director at HCL, ranks secondin the list with an estimated wealth of Rs30,200 crore. She also heads the Shiv Nadar Foundation. The chairperson of the Times Group, Indu Jain, ranks third in the list. Her wealth is estimated at Rs26,240 crore.
US Singer Aretha Franklin Passes Away at 76
- Aretha Franklin died at the age of 76 years. She was the US Singer and she was born in Memphis, Tennessee she made her debut in 1961.
- Her style and respect and natural woman attracted all the fans overall the world.
Phone Pe to Facilitate Convenient Payments on IRCTC App
- PhonePe announced entering into a partnership with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)to facilitate convenient, fast and secure payments through PhonePe on the IRCTC Rail connect Android app.
- The partnership will enable PhonePe’s 100 million-plus users to now pay directly from their bank accounts using UPI, credit and debit cards and also the PhonePe wallet for their travel bookings.
Mario Abdo Benitez Sworn In As New President of Paraguay
- Colorado Party’s Mario Abdo Benitezwas sworn in as the new President of Paraguay for a five-year term.
- Benitez clinched the top spot after defeating his closest rival, Efrain Alegre from the liberal opposition alliance, by four percentage points in the nation’s elections, which were held in April 2018.
Ibrahim Boubacar Keita Re-Elected Mali President
- Ibraham Boubacar Keita re elected as a mali president for the 5 years.
- Keita at 73, picked up 67.17% of vote against 32.83% for ooposition challenger and former finance minister Soumaila Cisse 68, who also ran aganist Keita in 2013.
K S Srinivas Appointed Chairman of Marine Products Export Development Authority
- IAS officer K S Srinivashas taken over as Chairman of Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA).
- Prior to this appointment, he had served as Joint Secretary in Department of Agriculture Cooperation and Farmers’ Welfare in Ministry of Agriculture.