Many of the students have been participating a lot of banking exams, government jobs, etc and so on. We suggested you that Daily GK Current Affairs of 14th August and current affairs quiz helps to improve your energy levels and lot of knowledge to boost up your preparation levels. Make sure to attempt all the questions which we have given in the current affairs on 14th August 2018 and check your preparation level.
India Releases 470 million Nepali Rupees Grant for Terai Roads Project in Nepal
- Indian Government has been announced 470 millon Nepali rupees for the Road Projects Terai in Nepal. Manjeec Singh Puri a Indian Ambassador handed over a cheque to secretary, Ministry of Physical Infrastructure and Transport of Nepal, Madhusudan Adhikari in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Under postal highway projects 14 road packages the amount was announced to maintain fund liquidity Indian Government implemented 14 packages under postal Highway Projects.
PM Modi Announces Launch of World’s Largest Healthcare Insurance on Independence Day
- Prime Minister Modi launched a World Health care insurance on August 15th Independence Day. He announced at Red fort Delhi.
- Nearly 10 crore families will get health cover worth of 5 lakh under this scheme every year The world’s largest healthcare cover plan that covers 10 crore families provides 5 lakh cover to them each year.
Indian Women’s Handball team to play its opening group match of Jakarta Asian Games
- The Indian Men’s Handball defeat Chinese Taipei with a score of 28- 38 India is in Pool-A alongside Kazakhstan, South Korea, China and North Korea.
Indias first Genetic bank for wildlife conservation inaugurated in Hyderabad
- It is India’s first genetic resource bank where the genetic material will be stored for posterity which will further the cause of conservation of endangered species. It is equipped with sophisticated equipment to preserve the genetic resources that could be utilized to virtually resurrect an animal species. Laboratory of Conservation of Endangered Species (LaCONES) developed a universal DNA based marker for identification of wild animals from parts and remains.
Rekha Sharma Appointed as Chairperson of National Commission for Women
- Rekha Sharma a 54 years old she appointed as a chairperson of National Commission for Women. September 2017 lalitha Kumaramangalam was the chairperson of this act after Lalitha Kumaramangalam she was the Chairperson of National Commission for Women.
- Rekha Sharma belongs to Haryana State. The NCW was set as a statutory body in January 1992 under National Commission of Women Act in 1990.
Film Actor Akshay Kumar Becomes Brand Ambassador For Road Safety Campaigns
- AKshay Kumar a film actor he became a Brand Ambassador for Road safety.
- Union Minister for transport, water resources, river development and Ganga Rejuvenation Nitin Gadkari launched 3 short films for generating awareness towards road safety.
- Finally Gadkari appointed Akshay Kumar appointed as a Road Safety Brand Ambassador.
NITI Aayog Launches ‘Pitch to MOVE’
- The aimis to provide budding entrepreneurs of India a unique opportunity NITI Ayog has been launched a programme “Pitch to MOVE”.
- During Global Mobility summit PM announced the winners of this event. Pitch to MOVE to identify and incentive the start-ups which help the govt realize its vision shared, connected, inter model, after the resignation of Tushar Arothe.
Ramesh Powar Named Head Coach Of Women’s National Team
- Former India spinner Ramesh Powarwas named head coach of the women’s national team till the ICC World T20 in West Indies, scheduled to be held in November 2018.
- This was informed by BCCI secretary Amitabh Choudhary. Powar was appointed interim coach of the team last month after the resignation of Tushar Arothe.