CSS Scholarship 2022 for College and University Students Apply Fresh/Renewal
- CSS Scholarship 2022 for College and University Students Apply Fresh/Renewal
- CSS Scholarship-Key Highlights
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. How can a student get a Central Sector Scholarship?
- Q. Who is eligible for the Central Sector Scholarship?
- Q. What are the documents required for the Central Sector Scholarship?
- Q. What is the minimum income requirement for Central Sector Scholarship?
- Q. What is the minimum percentage requirement for renewal of Central Sector Scheme?
- Q. Is this scholarship available for General category students?
CSS Scholarship 2022 Ministry of Human Resource Development and Department of Higher Education provides scholarships for students who are economically weak and unable to pay school or college fees. And this scholarship is only applicable to Graduate and Post Graduate Students who have completed their 12th class can apply for this scholarship. Every year Department of Higher Education provides 82,000 scholarships for students. And these will be 50% of seats reserved for girls and 50% of Seats reserved for boys. And government spend 1000 crores to implement this scheme. In this article we provide the details regarding the required documents, eligibility criteria, how to apply, and so on.
CSS Scholarship-Key Highlights
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship 2022 for College and University students Apply Fresh/Renewal
|Who owned it ?||Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development|
|Eligible Courses||Graduation and Post Graduation|
|Validity of Scholarship||Three years|
|Contact Email||[email protected]|
|Stipend Amount of this Scholarship||Rs. 10000 to Rs. 20000|
Reward of this Scholarship
|Sr. No.||Level of Study||Scholarship Amount|
|1.||Graduation||The annual scholarship amount of INR 10,000 for the first three years of graduation. In the case of a 5-year integrated course (professional studies), INR 20,000 per year, students are given during the 4th and 5th year of study. If the students are pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech, B.Eng., the scholarship is given up to graduation level.|
|2.||Post-graduation||An amount of INR 20,000 is provided to students studying at post-graduation level.|
Required Documents for CCS Scholarship 2022
- Aadhar Card
- Statement of Bank Pass Book
- Income Certificate
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
- Caste Certificate
- Disability Certificate
- Xerox Marksheet
- Proof of Admission of the Under Graduate Course.
- Recent Pass Port Size Photograph
Eligibility Criteria for CSS Scholarship 2022
- Candidates who are applying for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship must have 80% of marks in their 12th class.
- Income certificate must be required for Fresh Candidates.
- Candidates must be top 20 in merit list of 12th class Board Exam belongs to the board of CBSE/ICSE/SEB.
- Candidates must be pursuing regular courses of Graduation/Post Graduation/professional studies from colleges/universities recognised by AICTE, UGC, MCI, DCI or other regulatory bodies.
- Candidates belong to the categories like SC,ST,OBC, and PWD will get a reservation of 15%, 7.5%, 27% and 5%, respectively.
- Candidates family Income should not exceed 8 Lakhs.
- Candidates should not avail more than one scholarship.
- Candidates who are pursuing Diploma courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
Important Dates Regarding CSSS Scholarship
|Last date to apply||30th November 2021|
|Closing date of renewal||30th November 2021|
|Verification closing date||5th February 2022|
|Institute verification closing date||17th February 2022|
Stipend Amount for CSS Scholarship 2022
|Educational Level||Amount Of Scholarship|
|Graduation||Rs 10000 for 3 years|
|Post Graduation||Rs 20000 for 2 years|
|Professional Courses||Rs 20000 per year during 4th and 5th year|
|For Technical Courses(B.Tech, B.Eng.)||The scholarship is provided up to graduation level|
Quota Of Reservation Under CSSS Scholarship
|Other Backward class||27%|
|Persons with disability||5%|
How to Apply for CSS Scholarship Scheme 2022?
- Firstly, Visit the Official Website Of CSS Scholarship : https://scholarships.gov.in/.
- Now click on the Department of Higher Education on Home Page.
- Now Click on the Central Sector Scholarship From 2022-2023.
- A New Tab will be opened in that Application Form will open.
- Enter all the details required in the Application form.
- Now upload all the scanned documents.
- After completion of that click on the submit button.
- Now take a printout of the Application form for future purpose.
Renewal Of CSSS Scholarship 2022
- A student can receive the benefit of the scholarship scheme for a maximum period of 5 years which includes both graduation and post graduation level
- It is mandatory for the students to pursue graduation or post graduation in the same stream
- In order to renew scholarship the student is required to maintain attendance of at least 75%
- The candidate must not be involved in any ragging activities
- Student must have secured at least 55% marks or more in the previous examination
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can a student get a Central Sector Scholarship?
The Central Sector Scholarship, run by MHRD, Government of India is meant to support the studies of meritorious students coming from underprivileged families. The students who fulfil all the eligibility conditions may apply for the scholarship through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Once the application gets verified, the selected students get the scholarship amount directly in their respective bank accounts through DBT.
Q. Who is eligible for the Central Sector Scholarship?
The students, who are among the top 20th percentile of successful students in the relevant stream in Class 12 board examination can avail benefits under this scholarship. They must be pursuing a regular undergraduate/ postgraduate/ professional course from a recognised institution in India. Also, the annual income of the family should be less than INR 8 lakh per annum from all sources.
Q. What are the documents required for the Central Sector Scholarship?
The students applying for the Central Sector Scholarship need to provide certain documents in support of their application such as bank passbook in the name of the applicant, Aadhaar card number, income certificate, caste certificate (if applicable), disability certificate (if applicable), and Class 12 mark sheet.
Q. What is the minimum income requirement for Central Sector Scholarship?
There is no minimum income requirement for the scholarship. However, the annual income of the applicant’s family must not exceed INR 8 lakh per annum from all sources.
Q. What is the minimum percentage requirement for renewal of Central Sector Scheme?
To ensure the renewal of scholarship, the students must secure at least 50% marks or more in the previous examination. Also, they must maintain the attendance of at least 75%.
Q. Is this scholarship available for General category students?
Yes, the Central Sector Scholarship is meant for all categories of students (including General category). However, reservations are available for various reserved categories as per the norms laid by the Government of India. 15% scholarships are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) students, 7.5% scholarships are reserved for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates, 27% scholarships are reserved for Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates, and 5% scholarships are reserved for Physically Handicapped/Persons with Disabilities (PwD).