Common Law Admission Test CLAT 2019 Schedule and Notification has been announced. As per Schedule, CLAT 2018 will be held on May 13, 2018. CLAT will be held at a national level, across the country every year. It will be conducted on a rotational basis by National Law Universities (NLUs) in India. CLAT 2018 is being conducted by The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS). Candidates need to clear CLAT in order to secure admission in BA LLB (Hons), BSc LLB (Hons), BBA LLB (Hons), BSW LLB (Hons), BCom LLB (Hons) and LLM programmes on offer at the NLUs.
It is now confirmed that the NLU which will organize CLAT 2018 is NUALS Kochi. The CLAT UG is held for admission in BA LLB and BBA LLB courses. For it, students can apply after class 12. Whereas, CLAT PG is held for the intake of candidates in LLM course. Candidates interested in CLAT can apply online as per the schedule is given below. Careers99 gives you CLAT 2018 Application form, Notification, exam dates, conducting body, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, syllabus, books etc. from this page.
Till last year only 18 NLUs accepted CLAT scores to fill 632 LLM seats and 2352 LLB seats, however, this year a new NLU has been added to the list, taking the number of NLUs accepting CLAT scores for admission to 19.
List of 18 participating NLUs in CLAT
National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU).
National Academy of Legal Study & Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR).
National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU).
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS).
National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ).
Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU).
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU).
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU).
Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Patiala (RGNUL).
Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU).
National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS).
National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO).
National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL).
National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam, Guwahati (NLUJAA).
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU).
Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS).
Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU).
Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU)
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2018
CLAT 2018 will be conducted in an online mode. Candidates will be given 2 hours to attempt the question paper.
Age Limit: There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2018.
CLAT 2018 Educational Qualification
For UG Programme:
- General/ OBC/ Specially Abled Persons (SAP): They must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 45% aggregate.
- SC/ST: They must have secured 40% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2018 are also eligible to appear in the CLAT-2018 online examination.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
For PG Programme:
- General/ OBC/ Specially Abled Persons (SAP): They must have LL.B degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% aggregate.
- SC/ST: They must have secured 50% aggregate in LL.B or equivalent examination.
- The candidate must have passed/appeared in the final semester/final year examination of the qualifying examination on the date of his/her admission.
- In case of candidates who have appeared in the qualifying examination, he/she may submit his/her final result of qualifying examination within the time frame prescribed by the respective University/Institute. Till then such candidates may be given provisional admission.
CLAT 2018 Application-Fee
|SC/ ST Category||Rs. 3500/-|
|Unreserved/ SAP/ OBC/ Others||Rs. 4000/-|
How to Apply for CLAT 2018
- Visit the official link (link will be given above).
- Candidates have to register themselves by creating a login account with a valid e-mail ID.
- On the successful creation of account, CAPS User ID and Password will be sent to candidate’s registered ID/mobile number.
- With the login credentials, candidates can access their account and fill the application form.
- Candidates are required to scanned images of photograph, signature, SAP Certificate, SAP Declaration Form (if applicable).
- Proceed towards paying the application fee. Pay the requisite application fee.
- At last, take a printout of the completed application form.
CLAT 2018 Important Dates
|Date of Issue of Admission Notification||20 Dec 2017|
|Date of commencement of submission of online application form along with the order of preferences for NLUs||01 Jan 2018|
|Last date for submission of filled-in online application form along with the order of preferences for NLUs||31 Mar 2018|
|Commencement of downloading of Admit Cards/Hall Tickets||20 Apr 2018|
|Date of CLAT 2018 online Examination||13 May 2018 (Sunday)|
|Date of uploading the Answer Key||15 May 2018|
|Declaration of results, i.e., issue of Merit List (Category-wise)||31 May 2018|
Official Website of CLAT Exam: clat.ac.in.