Vice-Chancellor of Andhra University G Nageswara Rao has released the Schedule of APTET 2019Yesterday. He said that the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET-2019) would be conducted in both languages Telugu and English. With the government orders for recruitment of lecturers and promotions to the working lecturers as assistant professors, the APSET would be conducted as per the norms of the UGC, he added.
Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET 2019) is conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of Government of Andhra Pradesh to recruit Assistant Professors or Lecturers in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
The candidate needs to apply online for APSET-2019 examination with a registration fee of Rs 1,000 for general category, Rs 800 for BCs, Rs 500 for SC, ST, PH, and VH categories. The APSET examination would be conducted in 31 subjects for which UGC has granted permission at six regional centers in Visakhapatnam, Rajamahendravaram, Guntur, Nellore, Anantapur, and Tirupati.
Important Dates of APSET 2019
|APSET Notification||March 3rd week, 2019|
|Commencement of Submission of Online Applications||March Last week 2019|
|Last date for Submission of Online Applications Without Late Fee (Only Registration Fee)||May First Week, 2019|
|With a Late fee of Rs. 1,000+Registration Fee||Mat 2nd week, 2019|
|With a Late fee of Rs. 2,000+Registration Fee||May 3rd week, 2019|
|With a Late fee of Rs. 5,000+Registration Fee (Examination at Visakhapatnam Centre only)||June 1st Week, 2019|
|Date of Examination||July 1st week, 2019|
Eligibility for APSET 2019
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examinations from universities/institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for qualifying the test only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination OR equivalent with at least 55% marks(50% marks in case of OBC(Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD(persons with disability) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within one year from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to APSET office. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected at any stage, their candidature will be canceled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
(There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for test)
- The qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges situated in the Andhra Pradesh state from where they have cleared their SET.
APSET 2019 Application Fee Details
|Open Category Candidates||Rs. 1000/- + Service Charges|
|BC-A, BC-B, BC-C, BC-D, BC-E Category Candidates||Rs. 800/- + Service Charges|
|SC/ST/PH/VH/HI||Rs. 500/- + Service Charges|
AP SET 2019 Regional Center(s)
|Sno||Regional Centre Code||Regional Centre Name|
APSET 2019 Exam Pattern
APSET 2019 exam pattern is divided into three papers. Paper I is common for all aspirants whereas Paper II and Paper III consist of questions from subjects selected by the candidate as per their specialization. APSET Paper, I exam paper is bilingual, that is, all the questions are in English and Telugu.
Subjects for Paper 2 & Paper 3
|05||Computer Science & Application|
|09||Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Science|
APSET 2019 Exam Pattern
|Paper||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|I||60 (50 are compulsory)||100||1 ¼ hour|
|II||50 (All are compulsory)||100||1 ¼ hour|
|III||75 (All are compulsory)||150||2 ½ hour|
APSET 2019 Syllabus Download
APSET Paper-1 Syllabus
Syllabus for Paper – II & III of APSET 2019