The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) released notification for the Hostel welfare officer with a total of 28 vacancies. The APPSC HWO Grade II Recruitment 2019 application process will be started on February 27th, 2019 and it will be ended on March 20th, 2019. The APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer/Grade 2 Syllabus in detail is available in this article and also the APPSC HWO Previous Papers, APPSC Grade 2 Previous Papers are also given. So the candidates who are going to apply should download APPSC Grade 2 Syllabus & Exam pattern 2019. The APPSC HWO Previous papers referring is also important, and by referring that you can get an idea about the Exam paper. So just scroll down the page and you will get the complete details and download link
APPSC Grade 2 Syllabus & Exam pattern 2019
|Name of the Organisation||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)|
|Examination Name||APPSC HWO Recruitment 2019|
|Post Name||Hostel Welfare Officer|
|No. of Vacancies||28 Vacancies|
|Work Location||Andhra Pradesh|
|Job Type||State Government|
|Apply Starting Date||February 27th, 2019|
|Apply Last Date||March 20th, 2019|
|Exam Date||Updated soon|
|Syllabus & Exam Pattern PDF||Available|
APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer (HWO) Exam Pattern 2019
|Objective Type||Paper – I||General Studies & Mental Ability|
|Paper – II||Concerned Subject||150||150||150|
AP Hostel Welfare Officer Syllabus PDF 2019
APPSC HWO/Grade 2 Syllabus for General Studies
- Events of national and international
- Current affairs- international, national and regional.
- General Science and its applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology
- The social- economic and political history of modern India with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e-governance initiatives with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh
- Economic development in India since independence with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh
- The physical geography of Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh
- Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Syllabus for Mental Ability
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation
- Data Analysis:
- Tabulation of data
- Visual representation of data
- Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean, median, mode, variance and coefficient of variation) and Interpretation
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and Legal Implications/problems.
APPSC HWO/Grade 2 Syllabus for Foundation of Education
- Nature and Scope of Philosophical and Sociological Foundations of
- Idealism; Naturalism; Pragmatism; Realism; Existentialism;
- Gandhi; Tagore; Aurobindo; Vivekananda; Jiddu Krishna Murthy;
- Socialization and Education; Social change and Education; Culture and Education; Modernization and Education; Equality of Educational opportunities; Education of Weaker
APPSC Grade 2 Syllabus for Educational Psychology
1.Introduction to Educational Psychology
The relationship between Educational Psychology. Nature and Scope of Educational Psychology. Methods of Educational Psychology
2. Growth and Development.
- Principles of Growth and Development.
- Stages of Development-Infancy, Childhood, Adolescence and aspects of development – Physical, Mental, Social and Emotional and its Educational implications to classroom teaching and education.
Nature of Learning, Theories of Learning(Behavioral, Cognitive and Social) and its Relevance to classroom teaching, learning and Motivation; Various methods of motivation (intrinsic and extrinsic) and its applications for classroom teaching.
4. Individual difference and its assessment.
- Meaning and significance of the study of individual differences. Inter and intra Individual difference and its assessment.
- The concept of Personality and its assessment (Projective and Non-Projective methods).Understanding and helping learners with special needs – poor achievers, underachievers, low-level of intellectual functioning; giftedness and creativity.
- Need and significance of guidance and counselling in schools.
Statistics-Concept and its need for understanding the behaviour of learners and teachers. Measures of Central Tendency. Measures of Variability. Correlation and various methods of computing correlation.
APPSC Grade 2 /HWO Syllabus PDF for Trends in Education
- Universalization of Education- Significance, constitutional guarantee, problems involved in implementing. Quality of Primary Education-Minimum level of Learning Approach
- Wastage and stagnation in Education-Meaning, causes, problems and remedial measures.
- Adult Education and Functional literacy-Meaning, scope, problems involved and strategies for remedial actions
- Non-Formal Education- contemporary significance, problems, methodology, motivational aspect and implementations
- School and Community Relationships-need and importance, ways of bringing their together, making use of community resources persons, some practical strategies to facilitate appropriate relationships.
- The medium of instruction-Problem, Language in India, three language formula, its implications and difficulties in implementing the formulae
- Family life and population Education-the problem, objectives at Secondary level creating awareness, difficulties in implementing, strategies to spread the right type of family life and population education
- Moral Education- meaning and scope, approach to Moral Education, Difference between Moral and Religious Education, Practical Work
- National and Emotional integration- meaning, nature, problems, implementation celebrating national days and role of schools and teachers
- International understanding-education for peace, disarmament and coexistence, meaning, nature, significance, developing a broader perspective in the mind students
- Education of the socially and culturally disadvantaged- meaning-Significance problems, equality of opportunity and strategies to implement meaningful Programme
- Lifelong Education-meaning, need and scope, approach and role of teachers
- Teacher Education-pre-service and in-service-Professional Organisations teachers.
- Vocational Education and Vocationalisation of Education
- Common Entrance Examinations and Centralised admissions into the basic courses in Andhra Pradesh
- Recommendations of various Education Commissions and Committees
APPSC HWO/Grade 2 Cut off Marks 2019:
The minimum qualifying marks for consideration of a candidate to the selection process are 40% for OCs, 35% for BCs, and 30% for SCs, STs and PHs or as per rules. In the event of Schedule Caste & Schedule Tribe candidates not coming up for selection with the existing minimum prescribed for selection in the competitive examination conducted by the APPSC their selection shall be considered on the basis of rank with reference to their performance in the written and/or oral competitive examination irrespective of the marks secured.
APPSC HWO Answer Key:
APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Answer key would be published on the website and marks of each candidate are also displayed on the website. No separate memorandum of marks would be
|Official Website of APPSC||Click Here|
|APPSC Hostel Welfare Officer Recruitment 2019||Click Here|
|Download APPSC HWO/Grade 2 Syllabus PDF 2019||Click Here|
|AP Hostel Welfare Officer Previous Papers PDF||Click Here|
|APPSC Grade 2 Previous Model Papers PDF||Click Here|
|APPSC Grade 2/HWO Old Question papers PDF||Click Here|