- Exam Pattern, Syllabus of APPSC Group 1
- APPSC Group1 (Prelims & Mains) Exam Pattern
- APPSC Group1 (Prelims & Mains) Syllabus
- APPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2018 – PDF Download:
Are you searching for the syllabus of APPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2018? Read the below article to get the complete syllabus for APPSC Group 1 2018. Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission is conducting the Group 1 exams to recruit talented and interested candidates for various posts in AP. DSP, Deputy Collector, Municipal Commissioner, Regional Transport Officer, and others positions are filled through this recruitment.
S0, the candidates who wish to appear in this exam must aware the syllabus and exam pattern to get qualify. There is a heavy competition for this exam. We advise the candidates to start preparation to score high in the exam. We have brought the Latest and complete syllabus and exam pattern of APPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2018. Read the full article and download the complete syllabus.
Exam Pattern, Syllabus of APPSC Group 1
Without a proper plan candidates don’t score high in the exam. So, aspirants must aware all the topics which will appear in the exam and schedule your preparation in a better way. Look at the below table for the brief view of APPSC Group1 Syllabus 2018. Here we provide the sectional-wise syllabus for all desirable aspirants.
Highlights: APPSC Group 1 Syllabus
|Organising Authority||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||Group 1|
|Purpose of exam||Recruitment|
|Job Positions||DSP, Deputy Collector, Municipal Commissioner, Regional Transport Officer, and others|
|Job Location||Andhra Pradesh|
|Category of Exam||State Level|
|Selection Process||Prelims & Mains|
|Official Site||www.psc.ap.gov.in or appsc.gov.in|
APPSC Group1 (Prelims & Mains) Exam Pattern
|Type of Exam||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
|Objective Type||General Studies & Mental Ability||120||120|| |
|General Aptitude||120||120||2 hours|
|Type of Exam||Papers||Maximum Marks|
|Conventional Type||General English||150|
|Descriptive Type Test||Paper I||150|
APPSC Group1 (Prelims & Mains) Syllabus
Syllabus for PRELIMS
HISTORY & CULTURE
Weight-age: 30 MARKS
- Indus Valley Civilization: Features, Sites, Society, Cultural History, Art and Religion. Vedic Age- Mahajanapadas, Religions-Jainism and Buddhism.
- The Maghadas, the Mauryan, Foreign invasions on India and their impact, the Kushans. The Sathavahanas the Sangam Age, the Sungas, the Gupta Empire -their Administration- Social, Religious and Economic conditions-Art, Architecture, Literature, Science and Technology.
- The kanauj and their contributions, South Indian Dynasties – The Badami Chalukayas, the Rastrakutas, the Kalyani Chalukayas, the Cholas, the Hoyasalas, the Kakatiyas and Reddis.
- The Delhi Sultanate, Vijaynagar Empire and the Mughal Empire, the Bhakti Movement and Sufism.
- Important Dynasties of concerned State- their rulers – Administration, Economy, Society, Religion, Literature, Arts and Architecture.
- The European Trading companies in India- their struggle for supremacywith special reference to Bengal, Madras, Mysore, Andhra and Telangana, Governor-Generals and Viceroys.
- Indian War of Independence of 1857 – Origin, Nature, causes, consequences and significance with special reference to Concerned State, Religious and Social Reform Movements in 19th century in India and Concerned State, India’s Freedom Movement, Revolutionaries in India and Abroad.
- Mahatma Gandhi, his thoughts, Principles and Philosophy. Important Satyagrahas, the Role of Sardar Patel in Freedom Movement and Post – independence consolidation.
- B.R. Ambedkar, his life and contribution to making of Indian Constitution, India after Independence – Reorganization of the States in India.
CONSTITUTION, POLITY, SOCIAL JUSTICE AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
Weight-age: 30 MARKS
- Indian Constitution: Evolution, features, Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy, Amendments, Significant Provisions and Basic Structure.
- Functions and Responsibilities of the Union and the States, Parliament and State Legislatures: Structure, Function, Power and Privileges. Issues and challenges pertaining to Federal Structure: Devolution of Power and Finances up to local levels and Challenges therein.
- Constitutional Authorities: Powers, Functions and Responsibilities.
- Panchayati Raj.
- Public Policy and Governance.
- Impact of Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization on Governance.
- Statutory, Regulatory and Quasi-judicial bodies.
- Rights Issues (Human rights, Women rights, SC/ST rights, Child rights) etc.
- India’s Foreign Policy — International Relations — Important Institutions, Agencies and Fora, their structure and mandate.
- Important Policies and Programmes of Central and State Governments.
INDIAN AND ANDHRA PRADESH ECONOMY AND PLANNING
Weight-age: 30 MARKS
- Economic development in India since Independence- role of planning, Niti Ayog, India’s economic problems such as poverty and unemployment, agrarian crisis, irrigation and water, sustainable development, inflation and balance of payments, growth with stability, growth with Social justice
- Centre State relations – Finance Commissions, Sharing of Resources between Centre and States – implications of GST sharing – Decentralization \
- India’s Economic reforms –Banking, Financial, trade and social sector; New challenges in a Globalized context – Global competition, Financial market instabilities, FDI flows, Impact of GST on Commerce and Industry.
- Trends and patterns in structure of population over time – growth rate, gender, rural-urban migration, literacy, regional – Physical Quality of Life Index. Human Development Index, Human Poverty Gender Development Index, National Happiness Index.
- Environmental degradation and challenges – Sustainable Development and Environment Protection.
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and legal implications – Implications to financial resources of state government.
- Growth of post-bifurcation infrastructure development and opportunities for investments, Cultural demographic impact – irrigation projects and their impact on agriculture – Poverty Alleviation and Social Welfare Programmes.
- Employment potential in Andhra Pradesh – Skill Development Programmes – Government initiatives.
Weight-age: 30 MARKS
- General Geography: Earth in Solar system, Motion of the Earth, Concept of time, Season, Internal Structure of the Earth, Major landforms and their features. Atmosphere-structure and composition, elements and factors of Climate, Airmasses and Fronts, atmospheric disturbances, climate change. Oceans: Physical, chemical and biological characteristics, Hydrological Distasters, Marine and Continental resources.
- Physical World, India and concerned State: Major physical divisions, Earthquakes, landslides, Natural drainage, climatic changes and regions, Monsoon, Natural Vegetation, Parks and Sanctuaries, Major Soil types, Rocks and Minerals.
- Social World, India and concerned State: distribution, density, growth, Sex-ratio, Literacy, Occupational Structure, SC and ST Population, Rural-Urban components, Racial, tribal, religious and linguistic groups, urbanization, migration and metropolitan regions.
- Economic: World, India and concerned State: Major sectors of economy, Agriculture, Industry and Services, their salient features. Basic Industries-Agro, mineral, forest, fuel and manpower based Industries, Transport and Trade, Pattern and Issues.
GENERAL MENTAL ABILITY, ADMINISTRATIVE AND PSYCOLOGICAL ABILITIES
Weight-age: 30 MARKS
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Number Series, Coding and Decoding
- Problems related to Relations
- Shapes and their Sub-sections, Venn Diagram
- Problems based on Clocks, Calendar and Age
- Number system and order of Magnitude
- Linear Equations – in one or two Variables.
- Ratio, proportion and variation.
- Average of mean, median, mode — including weighted mean.
- Power and exponent, Square, Square Root, Cube Root, H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and loss.
- Time and Work, Time and Distance, Speed and Distance.
- Area and Perimeter of Simple Geometrical Shapes, Volume and Surface Area of Sphere, Cone, Cylinder, cubes and Cuboids.
- Lines, angels and common geometrical figures — properties of transverse of parallel lines, properties of related to measure of sides of a triangles, Pythagoras theoreth, quadrilateral, rectangle, parallelogram, and rhombus.
- Introduction to algebra — BODMAS, simplification of weird symbols.
- Data interpretation, Data Analysis, Data sufficiency, and concepts of Probability.
- Emotional Intelligence: Understanding and analyzing emotions, Dimensions of emotional intelligence, Self motivation, Emotional stability, Managing relations, Integrity, Self development, Value orientation, Commitment, Altruistic behavior, Coping with emotions, overcoming functional fixedness.
- Empathy and Coping with stress: Sensitivity, Objectivity, Social inclination, Social responsibility, Openness, Compassion, Optimism, Self awareness, Self acceptance, Planning ability, Objectivity, Relaxation ability, Stability, Reality orientation, Resilience.
- Decision Making and Problem solving: Objectivity, Divergent thinking ability, Perception of situation, Synthetic ability, Rationality, General intelligence, Anticipation and consequence.
- Social Intelligence and Interpersonal skills: Sympathy, Tolerance, Healthy distance, Patience, Cooperativeness, Sensitivity, Compassion, sense of humour, Memory and Optimism, Reciprocality, Etiquette, Lack of prejudice.
- Critical thinking and Creative thinking: Seeing problems, Unusual uses, Consequences test, Inquisitiveness, Persistency, Novelty, Fluency, Flexibility, Originality, Anticipation of consequences, Analytical abilities, Independent thinking, Un conditionality, Analysis of the situation, Evaluation of the situation, Reaching a conclusion.
- Assessment of Personality: Independence, Wellbeing, Social presence, Self control, Managerial potential, Extra version, Agreeability, trust, warmth, assertive, Positive attitude.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Weight-age: 30 MARKS
- Science and Technology: Nature and Scope of Science & Technology; Relevance of Science & Technology to the day to day life; National Policy on Science, Technology and Innovation; Institutes and Organization in India promoting integration of Science, Technology and Innovation, their activities and contribution; Contribution of Prominent Indian Scientists.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT): Nature and Scope of ICT; ICT in day to day life; ICT and Industry; ICT and Governance – Various government schemes promoting use of ICT, E-Governance programmes and services; Netiquettes; Cyber Security Concerns – National Cyber Crime Policy.
- Technology in Space & Defence: Evolution of Indian Space Programme; Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) — it’s activities and achievements; Various Satellite Programmes — Satellites for Telecommunication, Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS), Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) Satellites; Satellites for defence, Eduset or Satellites for academic purposes; Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)- vision, mission and activities.
- Energy Requirement and Efficiency: India’s existing energy needs and deficit; India’s Energy Resources and Dependence, Energy policy of India – Government Policies and Programmes. Solar, Wind and Nuclear energy \
- Environmental Science: Issues and concerns related to environment; Its legal aspects, policies and treaties for the protection of environment at the national and the international level; Biodiversity- its importance and concerns; Climate Change, International Initiatives (Policies, Protocols) and India’s commitment; Forest and Wildlife – Legal framework for Forest and Wildlife Conservation in India; Environmental Hazards, pollution, carbon emission, Global warming. National Action plans on Climate Change and Disaster management. Biotechnology and Nanotechnology; Nature, Scope and application, Ethical, Social, and Legal issues, Government Policies. Genetic Engineering; Issues related to it and its impact on human life. Health & Environment.
CURRENT EVENTS OF REGIONAL, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL IMPORTANCE
Weight-age: 30 MARKS
Syllabus for MAINS
- Reading Comprehension
- Functional Grammar
- Vocabulary Usage
Crisis Management, Social, Economic and Health Problems, Analysis and solutions, Conflict Resolution, Decision Making, Ecological intelligence.
Current events, policies, schemes and programs of National and International importance, State of Andhra Pradesh.
Social-Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh
- Ancient Andhra
- Medieval Andhra
- Modern Andhra
- Nationalist Movement in Andhra and Role of Andhra Leaders
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and legal implications/problems
Overview of the Indian Constitution
- The Indian Constitution
- Structure and functions of Union Government
- Centre- State relations between the Indian Union and States
- Amendment Process to the Constitution
- Party Systems
- Social Movements and Welfare Mechanisms
- Planning in India and Indian Economy – Section I
- National income and other macroeconomic aggregates in India.
- Indian Economic Planning.
- Poverty and Unemployment in India.
- Monetary Policy.
- India’s Economic Problems
Land Reforms & Social Changes in Andhra Pradesh after Independence
- The Genesis of Land Reforms.
- The Structure of the Andhra Pradesh Economy.
- Demographic Features and Social Backwardness.
- State Finances and Budgetary Policies.
- Five Year Plans of Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh Economy, Present Status its Strengths and Weakness
Growth and structure of industries in Andhra Pradesh
- Agricultural growth in Andhra Pradesh.
- Regional disparities in income, industrial output, irrigation, health and education in Andhra Pradesh.
- Agricultural credit in Andhra Pradesh
- Growth Corridors
- Mission oriented Development Strategy
Role and Impact of Science and Technology in the Development of India
- Science and Technology
- Nation Policies of Science and Technology
- Space Programme in India, its Applications with Reference to industrial, Agricultural and other rural development activities
- Energy Resources.
- Current Science & Technology Developments in India.
Biological Resources, Human Welfare And Modern Trends in Life Science
- Biological Resources
- Plants and Animal Resources
- Human diseases-microbial infections
- Introduction to Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Ecology, Natural Resources, and Environmental Issues
- Ecosystems and Biodiversity
- Natural Resources
- Environmental pollution and Solid waste management
- Global Environmental issues and role of information Technology
- Environmental legislation
Data Appreciation and Interpretation
- Data Presented in the Tabular Form in Graphical etc.
- Logical Reasoning
- Time and Work
- Speed -Time – Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Logical reasoning problems like Calendar and Clock Problems, Blood Relationship, Seating arrangement etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Number system
- Number Sequences
- Permutations and Combinations
- Series, Averages
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit, loss and discount problems etc.,
- Coding and Decoding problems: coding using Ciphers and non-ciphers.
- Problem Solving using Venn Diagrams
- Passage Analysis