AFMC MBBS Admission 2018 through NEET 2018
The registration for AFMC would begin ONLY after the declaration of Results of NEET(UG) by CBSE. The candidates desirous of seeking admission in MBBS Course at AFMC Pune for 2018 session are advised the following:
- Wait for the NEET(UG) -2018 results to be declared.
- ONLY after the results have been declared, successful candidates are required to register themselves on the Medical Counseling Committee website www.mcc.nic.in.
- At the time of registration on the website, the candidates have to register separately for AFMC. The links available for registration are:
- ALL INDIA QUOTA COUNSELING
- AFMC MEDICAL COUNSELING
- DEEMED/CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES
- ESI MEDICAL COUNSELING
- The registration for AFMC has to be done separately by clicking on the link “AFMC MEDICAL COUNSELING”
- The shortlisted candidates would be called to AFMC Pune for further screening tests.
Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated by following the website www.afmc.nic.in for further information.
The college conducts Under Graduate course sanctioned vide Govt. of India Ministry of Defence letter no. 11984/DGAFMS/DG-3(B)/9718/D (Med) dated 04 July 1962
The duration of MBBS course is four and a half year followed by internship of one year.
Students have compulsory liability to serve as Commisioned Officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services. The offer of the type of commission will depend on the vacancies available. The candidates’ parents/guardians are required to sign a bond agreement at the time of admission.
ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATIONS TO APPEAR IN THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION GENERAL:
A candidate seeking admission to the MBBS course is eligible to take the entrance examination if he/she fulfills the following criteria:
- A candidate should be a citizen of India or be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan or any other foreign country with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Must be unmarried. Marrying during the course is not permitted.
- Should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence
- Must have attained the age of 17yrs on 31st Dec of the year of application, but must not have attained the age of 22 years on that date(Not more than 24 years in case of candidates who have passed or are appearing in final B Sc examinations).
Candidate must have passed all the subjects opted for in the first attempt of the qualifying examinations as a regular candidate with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in these 3 science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the 10th standard.
Number of Seats:
A total of 130 students (105 boys & 25 girls) will be admitted.
Armed Forces Medical College is a premier medical institute of India acknowledged as a centre of excellence for education and research. The college provides training to undergraduate and post-graduate medical and nursing students with assured career prospects in the defence services.